TomTom NB1 10.817 Released

Despite me thinking this possibly relates to the North American market, I thought better & have added my name.

I also put in the comments section re the so called "Live Traffic" issues in the UK.

Alex

Update. I have posted this elsewhere, and it may well pay to keep responses to one page. Page 11 of THIS THREAD

Had a phone call today from Mazda (so has some other posters) He opened the conversation that he was responding to my registering with the on-line petition. Some readers may recall I was sceptical on this one as was tailored towards the North American market, however despite my reservations I did put my name into the mix.

I let the guy (Andy) explain all the vagaries and reasoning behind said failure and the fact there is a limited window to the signal being "pinged" back to the server. He went on to tell me (in effect) they are beta testing a fix, and if all goes well, should be sorted mid to end of October.

When he finished with the script, I took him back to his opening comments and asked him to confirm he did in fact tell me this phone call was due to my input on the on-line petition, which he concurred. I then asked him, "If it wasn't for me filling out that petition which was not geared around the UK market, would I have had this particular phone call"?

After a bit of umming & ahhing and after I pushed him, he gave me a straight NO!

He was not up to speed with all my case notes and previous contact I had made, but he caught up whilst we were on the phone. I made it clear that the "support" I have "enjoyed" to date from Mazda has been lamentable.

He agreed that we the consumer may have been furnished with misinformation in particular by Tom Tom, but there again in mitigation the cause of failure had not been fully identified.

He seemed to be on the point of offering an extension to "live Services" once resolved, but I explained to him that I have brokered a deal with Tom Tom and I'll be looking for something else. This will be discussed in the future, and as a matter of courtesy I probably won't divulge in a public medium what they are prepared to offer. I feel each case will be individual, and should be treated likewise.

So the moral of the story is, if you haven't registered and completed the on-line petition, you will be at the bottom of the pile.

Link to the petition in case you don't find it is on page 11 of the link at the top of this posting.

Alex

10.850 released. Still the same crap, no major fixes. Especially to whatever we have been annoyed with.

What do you mean?
This software update removes the support for speed camera alerts for Liechtenstein!!! Yeah!!! What we've all been waiting for!(blarf)

Good news. . They keep improving on the system. I just wish that they would add a compass
Isn't that the stupidest thing NOT to have in a GPS unit. Come on Tom Tom add that to your weak GPS units. I wish I could swap out Tom Tom with my Garmin unit.

Compass should definitely be added to the 3D view in navigation. 2D is manageable with the "North Up" setting.

I am also amazed that there isn't a date and time on the home screen too. I get there is a clock below in the dash, but gee....what computer screen (especially a gps) doesn't have a date and time on it?

Back