tokcio struts

JSLprotege5

:
mazda protege 5
hey how is the ride with the tokico hp struts and the tokcio illuminas struts what kind of ride is it is it close to stock suspension

I installed the HP's two weeks ago.

Ride - little bit firmer then stock.
Height - dropped the car atleast 1.4 the whole way around with eibach springs.

ok so which one has the better ride on the street not the track, what i i am looking for is a nice smooth ride with a lowered looked to the car thanks

get the illumins with tein stechs. then you can set the struts softer for a better ride, and still have the handling benefits of a funstional height and mildly stiffer springs.

I got the Tokico spring/strut set from Protegegarage.com Nice look, ride is firm but handling is great. Can't go wrong for the price.

0602001624.jpg

raserx - how firm is firm? Are we talking harsh when going over bumps, potholes, etc...more rattles now?

well if u dont have a price rage then get the whites but if u have a price rage get the blues for sure

Just FYI if you get the Tokcio spring and strut package its made for a protege... NOT a protege5. The springs included will get you slight sag in the back. Thats why I got different springs. Eibach makes springs specifically for the p5 with a different drop in the front and back to keep it level. I was on the fence for the same exact thing a few weeks ago. I did a bunch of searching and a bunch of looking at pictures. For me the Blues with the Eibachs are a great OEM+ replacement. Its a bit over an inch lower but not rough or harsh. For normally highway driving I don't notice much of a difference.

With that being said I'm going to be doing an 900 mile road trip next week thats taking me through harrisburg, new york city and boston so i will have a better feel for them then.

For me personally I knew that I wouldn't want to play with the ride settings on the adjustable every time i went for a drive. Plus the price difference is big.

Just FYI if you get the Tokcio spring and strut package its made for a protege... NOT a protege5. The springs included will get you slight sag in the back. Thats why I got different springs. Eibach makes springs specifically for the p5 with a different drop in the front and back to keep it level. I was on the fence for the same exact thing a few weeks ago. I did a bunch of searching and a bunch of looking at pictures. For me the Blues with the Eibachs are a great OEM+ replacement. Its a bit over an inch lower but not rough or harsh. For normally highway driving I don't notice much of a difference.

With that being said I'm going to be doing an 900 mile road trip next week thats taking me through harrisburg, new york city and boston so i will have a better feel for them then.

For me personally I knew that I wouldn't want to play with the ride settings on the adjustable every time i went for a drive. Plus the price difference is big.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you wind up spending and where'd you purchase everything? Did you shop around?

This has been debated a million times. For daily driving on stock springs or lowering springs: get the Tokico HP. For racing/lapping/autocross or to run super stiff coilover sleeves: get the Illuminas.

Illuminas for a daily driving car is a total waste of money.

Tokico makes struts for both the Protege and the P5. Just order the correct one.

i just installed all 4 tokico struts(new) with tein s-tech springs to replace my old struts and it rides nice man. No complaint for me. haven't had a chance to flog it around much.. waitign on an aligntment to do all that

This has been debated a million times. For daily driving on stock springs or lowering springs: get the Tokico HP. For racing/lapping/autocross or to run super stiff coilover sleeves: get the Illuminas.

Illuminas for a daily driving car is a total waste of money.
Tokico makes struts for both the Protege and the P5. Just order the correct one.

That about says it all!

Very true but just keep in mind if you buy the combo strut/spring combo I don't think they include the p5 ones. The HPK247 kit that protegegarage.com and others sell just includes the sedan (same drop the whole way around) springs.

Back