To paint or not to paint.

JDMJNKY

Banned
:
Bagged B-Series
Well I'm thinking of painting my msp turbo manifold and s-pipe I have the VHT 2000 degree flame proof paint should this be ok?Anyone done this?

should be fine... but you know the turbo can get a lot hotter than that, right?? i would do the ceramic coating stuff

should be fine... but you know the turbo can get a lot hotter than that, right?? i would do the ceramic coating stuff

Yep has ceramic coating + just looking to do manifold and s-pipe not turbo itself.It say's after it's dry to follow these steps to cure it

step one:bake at 250 degree's for 30 min's then let cool for 30 min's

step two:bake at 400 degree's for 30 mins than let cool for 30 mins

step three:bake at 600 degree's for 30 mins than let cool for 30 min's

Looks nice, I think 2000* F will be fine, but for the turbo you should get a higher rating.

2000F should be ok on the turbo as long as ur not talking about painting the cast iron section

the mani and s pipe might start to flake off cuz those parts get alot hotter then 2000F believe it or not

Yea I did It for my car and It holds up nicely. You can kinda see it behind the heat shield.

Attachments

• 0327091756.jpg
    0327091756.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 90
Yea I did It for my car and It holds up nicely. You can kinda see it behind the heat shield.

Yep I see it and thats what I was going for.I really dont want to paint the turbo or the cast part just wanted to clean up the mani and s-pipe make it look alil better.Thanx for the replies guys.

Last edited:
Back