To Bra or not to Bra?!

zamfield

Contributor
I'm seeing alot of posts about stone chips on the hood, do you guys think it's worth getting the full bra - for both looks and cost, as well as effectivness?

Do you have any other ideas on stopping the stone chips?:confused:

Stongard/Clear Bra - Very expensive. Need a professional to apply nicely, but very effective and looks awesome. Very clear, no milkyness and doesn't dull your paint one bit. Can't see it unless you are a couple feet away from the car. May have wax and dirt build-up on the edges though. (I have)

Bug Deflector - Cheap. Durable, no maintainance needed, looks better than the bra IMHO as it is somewhat see through, which matches your paint better than a solid black bra. Won't soak or damage the paint like the bra when wet, and don't need to take it off often like a bra. Can keep your hood safe even if you throw a tire at it :p (I have)

Magnetic Bra - Inexpensive, better than conventional bra, its form fitting so no sand or dirt can go inside and scratch your paint.

Regular Bra - somewhat expensive if you get a full bra. Basic, but allow full coverage. Inconvient for car wash. If sand goes underneath to the paint, very very bad.

I would say, if you have $ to spend, and can find a place to do the stongard, go for a full or half coverage. Best look & coverage you can get, and can wash and wax right on top of it. Otherwise, a bug deflector or a magnetic bra if the hood is all you care and $ is a factor. Just depends on which one you like more. I would stay away from the regular bra unless full coverage is your first priority and Stongard is way too expensive for you.

Do a search on each of these and you'll find a lot of info. You can get Stongard for your lights & foglights too. But some RSX folks had trouble with these light protection on their fogs because their fogs are really hot and end up burning the adhesive. Seems to work on my MP3 fogs just fine.

if you change your mind about the magnetic bra, i gots a regular bra i'd be willing to sell, relatively cheap compared to normal price

I would vote for No Bra. I had one on my Probe and now the paint is really bad looking under it.

i agree... in fact i 'd rather have mud guards for our cars i have a white p5 and man does it collect a lot of black s***.

Anyone making these for our cars?

i agree with the last 2 replys. i dont like the car bra look, but mud guards would come in handy. i also have a white p5 and it has tons of caked-on black s*** around the wheel well. im afraid that it wont come off when it gets warm enough to thouroughly wash my car.

Many of these clear bra companie sell the product for way too much!!

There is a new company that is on your side. The same kit starts at over $300.00 cheaper than stongard.

Now we just need to find an installer for you.

Don't. If your paint fads and you take it off, the colors will be un even.

Plus they look dumb, I've only seen a few that actually look any good.

I used to be a big fan of "no bra". I mean, things can really "hang out and breathe" if you know what I mean. Plus, one less thing to remove when you want to get access.

Nowadays though, I appreciate the challenge of a bra. Plus if they fit right, they can really improve the looks of things. I really like the front closure ones.

Wait... what are we talking about here?

How bout this...

Don't tailgate.

I stay at least 3 or 5 car lengths away from other cars on the highway (which is alot for MA) and I never, NEVER, get behind a truck, and if I do for some reason, I stay at least 10 car lengths behind him.

. . .but yeah, I like the front clasp ones the best. And I hate it when they take them off w/o taking their shirt off. You know that trick right? It ruins the whole point of wearing one, if I don't get to see it on her.

Back