TMIC question

:
CX9 Sig CX5 Sig
I'm completely stock at the moment. I was thinking of placing my order for the 3.25" TMIC on Monday, but I wanted to ask if it's OK for a stock car?

I got a Dashhawk coming Tuesday so I'll be able to monitor certain parameters and I plan on getting the Cobb SRI as soon as it comes out.

I would say it's safe to run the TMIC..but be careful if you plan on upping the boost.

I ran a TMIC for a couple months during the summer and loved it.

-C

I'm completely stock at the moment. I was thinking of placing my order for the 3.25" TMIC on Monday, but I wanted to ask if it's OK for a stock car?

I got a Dashhawk coming Tuesday so I'll be able to monitor certain parameters and I plan on getting the Cobb SRI as soon as it comes out.

I have a MazdaSpeed CAI and the ETS 3.25" with no problems. Just make sure you unplug the battery during install so you reset the ECU. The car will take about a week (few hundred miles) to get used to its new found power.

Why just the summer? You dont have it anymore?

I am on my way back to stock. I will be getting rid of the car real soon..aka as soon as the warranty runs out.

I have had the car in the shop allot over the past couple of months.

Also, dealers keep denying me for the clutch TSB.

It's mostly small stuff..but dealers are voiding warranties left and right. Most for "Abusing Car" even though the car is completely stock.

I heard somewhere on here that once you have a tmic you wont get any extra power from adding a cai. Is this true?

I heard somewhere on here that once you have a tmic you wont get any extra power from adding a cai. Is this true?

That's not true, and I haven't seen that thread (not that it means much).

The turbo heats the air by compressing it. The colder the incoming air, the more energy required to heat the same volume of air at a given pressure.

personally i think a top mount intercooler and cold air intake are a good compliment to each other.
besides, it sounds great!

He's saying each one leans out the fuel mixture in the car, so stacking them has no additional effect. Although, I would imagine the MAF sensor should be compensating for this anyhow, and the MAP/boost temp sensors too.

Anyway, the CAI helps by lowering the incoming air temp to the turbo, and then the upgraded TMIC cools it (better than stock) after the turbo heated it. I'm not sure how you can really debate that, since they have very simple functions.

Back