tires

I have toyo proxes on mine. They have been real good to me. I think I might have to get some new ones soon. You know any good winter tires?

my orignal tires were dunlops and lasted 10k....in that time anytime there was water on the road i was off the road....brand new those tires are sticky and handle well, but after some wear...horible tires not safe

no and acatually when i was having problems with those tires so was a lot of other people....check reviews....like i said they are great when new but some some wear they are horrible tires in anything but prefect sunny weather

i just looked at a couple uhps tires of dunlop, i mean t's a 50/50 split on reviews. i had a set and had a not so good time with them. hey maybe the z1 are good, but i'm not gonna buy 'em. the guy was asing for opnions i gave mine. for the money, i can order khumo excta(spelling) for around 400 bucks and they are lasting me 40k+. i'm sold on them....good tire for the money

i just looked at a couple uhps tires of dunlop, i mean t's a 50/50 split on reviews. i had a set and had a not so good time with them. hey maybe the z1 are good, but i'm not gonna buy 'em. the guy was asing for opnions i gave mine. for the money, i can order khumo excta(spelling) for around 400 bucks and they are lasting me 40k+. i'm sold on them....good tire for the money

The Khumo Exacta is a horrible tire if you are into performance.

The best tires I have used so far are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, but I drive quite aggresively. I am on my second set now, and could not be happier.

Mine came with Toyo Proxes.

But I drive too much and had to replace them at just over a year.

I replaced them in March 08 with Toyo Proxes 4's.

The Khumo Exacta is a horrible tire if you are into performance.

The best tires I have used so far are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, but I drive quite aggresively. I am on my second set now, and could not be happier.

What the hell is a "Khumo Exacta"?

Are you guys meaning to type "Kumho Ecsta"?

Kumho does make some great competition tires (Ecsta V710, Victoracer V700, etc.) and some very good high performance street tires for the price (like the Kumho Ecsta MX).

In fact, they have a new Autocross/Street Tire called the Ecsta XS (KU36) that I just bought a set of (I'll probably have them mounted this weekend). They're supposed to be on par with the Bridgestone RE-01R and Dunlop Z1 Star Specs (at least those were supposedly their engineering/testing benchmarks). I'm excited to see how they perform. I haven't owned a set of Kumhos since I had Ecsta Supra 712s on my first Ford Focus...in fact my winter setup on that car was a set of Kumho Izen snow tires on 14" steelies...

Last edited:
We had a set of Kumho Ecsta ASX's on Zippy (R.I.P) for almost a year before we lost him. They were pretty good tires and I really couldn't complain about the price/performance ratio. They even handled snow fairly well; they weren't as good as snow tires, but they didn't exactly suck either. They were certainly a hell of a lot better than the mismatched (and unevenly worn (perpetually overinflated)) set that was on when we bought him -- Toyo Proxes A18 and Avon Tech M550 A/S.

Just got a set of Goodyear UltraGrip GW3 winters on 16" steelies set up on Jazzy. Stark difference between them and the stock Eagle RS-A's, which started to suck about a month ago when the temperature started to stay down around freezing. Recently the RS-A's had the traction/ABS kicking in when trying to accelerate any faster than, say, molasses or trying to brake, well, at all in light snow (<0.5 in. unpacked). With the GW3's I have to accelerate/brake pretty hard (~60%?? (how should one measure pedal pressure meaningfully in this context?)) to get the traction/ABS to kick in in the exact same situations.

So, GW3's.. awesome! (2thumbs)

After the stockers I have had a set of falken 512's and right now I have a set of falken 912's. both the 512's and 912's did well is rain and slush and light snow. if you hadn't guessed they are all season rated. I like the 912's better.

Back