Tire suggestions

amilliems6

:
MazdaSpeed6
the time has come for me to get new tires.. i need all season since i wont be gettin new rims anytime soon

so i'm gunna go tmo to discount tire and get a quote for my dad and me.. Im mostly likely going to get the Pirelli pzero's but i also saw that they had Khumos for $94 a tire and was wondering if u guys had any experience with them...

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...yr=2006&pc=33662&cf=false&vid=009766&sw=false

also should i get 225/40 or 225/45

currently im on stock tires and stock suspension but will be gettin springs next summer.. stock tires are 225/40

Last edited:
Wifes car has Kuhmo KR21's and they are real nice for all season tires.
I replaced my Dunlop Direzza 101's summer only (good tires) with Nitto NT850's and I love them. Super quiet and hold real well for a Performance All Season.

Ok just my 2 cents

James

What do you want out of your tires? Do you want good performance or the ability to use them year round? That's a big decision for our cars.

Also, do you plan on getting a second set of rims/tires in the near future?

What do you want out of your tires? Do you want good performance or the ability to use them year round? That's a big decision for our cars.

Also, do you plan on getting a second set of rims/tires in the near future?

in the near future.. yes.. not anytime soon but yes i would like to get some new rims.

and as far as tires.. i would like some high performance all season

I'd suggest the Pirelli's for good all-seasons. Just remember, high performance all-season is a bit of an oxymoron. You're going to sacrifice grip for all season ability. They'll usually have a harder (read: more silica) based tread compound. The difference between my summers (Parada Spec 2's) and my AS(Pirelli's) is night and day.

I'd suggest the Pirelli's for good all-seasons. Just remember, high performance all-season is a bit of an oxymoron. You're going to sacrifice grip for all season ability. They'll usually have a harder (read: more silica) based tread compound. The difference between my summers (Parada Spec 2's) and my AS(Pirelli's) is night and day.

yea i most likely will be going with the Pirelli's... but have u heard anything good about the Kuhmo's?

Nope, nothing on the Kumhos. Only other AS tire I have used is the Yokohama YK520s, but compared to the Pirelli's, don't offer as much grip. They're a little quieter (and cheaper), but that's about it.

I had a set of AST's on my 330i (before the MS6). They didn't wear very well. My alignment was good and tires were properly rotated, but I still ended up with uneven wear. The tires lasted about 35,000 miles before they were too uneven for highway driving.

kuhmo spts in summer, they wear on the sides often if you dont rotate like clockwork, but offer super super sticky grip in sharp turns, low road noise, and great on infamous NJ roads, and they are dirt cheap. and pirelli pzeronero allweathers make sure to get the AAA tread rating, not the AA.

kuhmo spts in summer, they wear on the sides often if you dont rotate like clockwork, but offer super super sticky grip in sharp turns, low road noise, and great on infamous NJ roads, and they are dirt cheap. and pirelli pzeronero allweathers make sure to get the AAA tread rating, not the AA.

so should i try them?>

also should i go 225/45 or 225/40?

yes try either, especially the kuhmos because they are so cheap and times are rough lol, and 225 isnt necissary until you get better wheels. make sure they are wider and lighter when you do.

okay so i got a quote today from a local discount tires shop. They quoted me the 225/40Kuhmos for about $590 with warranty and all that other bulls*** and also quoted me BFG's 225/40 for $760. But my friend works there and just told me that they do price match..

I found similar tires on tire rack for $100 and on discount tires they are $142
so im going to go there tomorrow and save!

Back