18x8 +245's another will it work thread

Gothkid

:
2008 Mazda 3 2.3L
i searched and found working 18x8 setups, but everyone seems to be running tiny tires on them, eg. 225's. that creates a stretched tire look that i am not too fond of. so i wanna know, has anyone tried, or testfitted, the following setup:

18"rim by 8" wide
50mm offset
(link below)
with these tires

245/35ZR18 *note* yes they are approved for 8" rim width

keep in mind that they are in fact smaller in overall size by 3 thenths of an inch in diameter.

also note i have the eibach prokit which drops 1.4" from the front and 1.2" from the rear.

heres the rims: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.3*5-4.5*5-4.5%2F5&tc=TSWTR5&c=1&rcz=30041&pc=21273&wd=18&rw=8&rc=GAAINT

and heres the tires: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?tc=MTAHZH&c=1&rcz=30041&pc=38532&ar=35&rf=true&cf=false&rd=18&sw=false&rc=GAAINT&cs=245

PS: sorry if i offend anyone who likes the 215 on a 8" wide rim look, but it just sits uneasy with me.

sorry, i just see stretched tires as wasted potential grip. some have their reasons for using certain set ups, i want my tires to have as much rubber on the road as possible.

on that note, anyone have any experiences? ideas? guesstimates? or if im crazy tell me? lol. worst comes to worse i am willing to roll my fenders to fit them, i just want to know if rolling would be necessary, and if so how much.

Well it is wasted grip, but unless you're boosted it's grip you don't need anyway.

On a prokit you are going to have major rubbing problems with 245. I have the 225's (obv) and I can rub on occasion. IMO a 225 on 8" is not "stretched". This is me

Decals3.jpg

THIS is stretched:

nissan3.jpg

rubbing where?

if its inside the wheel well thats one thing, but if its on the outside fender then thats fine, i am willing to roll the fenders.

also boosting the car is in my future plans. i would like to have as much traction as possible in the front, as well as grip for cornering.

Inside the front wheel well when turning. I usually rub only when the wheel is turned to full lock or very close to it.

With that offset and 245's you will rub suspension components. 245's is also way too much tire. A lot of MS3's run 235/40. Go with those instead.

i have 225/40/18 dropped on a prokit with very minimal rubbing (only with a full load, and i have a full audio set up, over bumps or aggressive corners.)

i have 225/40/18 dropped on a prokit with very minimal rubbing (only with a full load, and i have a full audio set up, over bumps or aggressive corners.)

rubbing where, front or back and inside the wheel well or on the fender? also what offset are your rims?

Latest posts

Back