Tire suggestions...

sharps7

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege-Titanium
I need to replace 2 of my tires to pass inspection and Im not sure I wnat to spend the $360 for 2 OEM im being quoted everywhere. Any ideas on where to get them cheaper or an affordable, quality alternative?

Thanks

The stock tires are pretty overkill. There's quality tires that are substantially cheaper than the Potenzas.

I went with Hancook myself, a pretty cheap tire. I paid $57 each for them. Definitely the weak point in handling on my car, but I plan on upgrading wheels eventually and didn't' want to buy two expensive sets.

Your best bet is to call a big tire retailer and tell them what you are looking for and what you want to spend and see what they recommend.

I got new tires last week. I went with the Fuzion ZRi from TireRack. Fuzion is a new brand by Bridgestone. They were $83 a tire, they aren't as grippy as the RE040's though, but they have a 320 treadwear vs. the 140 the RE040's had...

KDW2's that I have on my car are great for 1/4 grip, but stiffer sidewalls would be nice.

i have the fuzions as well. a little less dry grip but they feel much better in the rain than the potenzas. plus the high treadwear rating is a bonus.

you have any pics of these? also, what did you pay for them? i am gonna need new tires soon and im debating on the proxes, es100 and another good tread wear/tread pattern tire. im not for autox so thats not a concern with me...im mainly concerned with tread life!!! thanks in advance!

Striker187 said:
i have the fuzions as well. a little less dry grip but they feel much better in the rain than the potenzas. plus the high treadwear rating is a bonus.

I ran the Fuzion ZRi for the beginning of the summer. They are good tires for $80. I agree that there is a little less grip in the dry and they feel a little better in the rain. I liked the turn-in of the tires.

I just had Hankook Z212s put on the car this weekend and so far I love them. They were $95. The straight line grip and cornering is much better than the stock tires or the Fuzions. I haven't been in the rain yet. The turn-in is a little more vague with the Hankooks, but the ultimate grip more than makes up for it.

i have been hearing alot of good from Fuzion i may go with them enstead of the toyos....i hope i make the right decision!

Back