Tire question

jaymode

I have really bad wear on two of my stock tires, yes I am still on the stock ones. The ones on the front still have some wear left. But one of the rears is very bad and the wear bars are starting to show. So I have the choice of replacing all 4 tires or just doing the rear two and then replacing the fronts later on(can extend the life by moving them to the rear). I am not going to get the same tires as the stock ones but I will be getting directional tires. Most likely these:
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=535&item=190303&prDeTab=2#A

Just wondering if it would be ok to run two different types of directional tires, some on the front and some on the back or should i just replace the bad ones on the rear?

you can run different tires okay, so long as the front is the same on both sides, and the back is the same on both sides. Of course, i prefer having all the same tires.... but for a while i was running different pairs just cuz i couldn't afford to replace all of em. It won't hurt a thing.

Same here, I usually like to get all four replaced if I can help it. But if you only buy 2, put the good ones in the back. It sounds weird but its best to have the better tires in the rear to help from having your rear-end slide out from under you. You can atleast steer you front tires. I hope that makes sense. Also look into getting the Sumitomo HTR+. They are awesome in all weather, even snow. They are on sale for $79 on tirerack.com. Check them out

Go with 4 Goodyear F1 GS-D3's at www.tirerack.com for $88 each WITH a $100 rebate if you buy 4. Shipping was $40 for mine, meaning each tire net cost of about $73 SHIPPED. Incredible tire.

The goodyears are awesome, but I would not buy them unless your not going to use your car for the winter.

ping said:
Go with 4 Goodyear F1 GS-D3's at www.tirerack.com for $88 each WITH a $100 rebate if you buy 4. Shipping was $40 for mine, meaning each tire net cost of about $73 SHIPPED. Incredible tire.

Wish I had seen that like a few days ago. I have winter tires and sam's does swap summers and winters for free, if you buy them from them, so that is a plus but that price on those tires is great.

Nokian

Just thought i'd let you know, i've recently got tires that i think are probably the best winter and all season tires that i've ever tried. I'm in the ohio area. If you can find NOKIAN tires, they are the best all season tires. You will be very impressed with the quality too, but they are pricier tires compared to other tire brands.

Just thought i'd let you know.

jaymode said:
Wish I had seen that like a few days ago. I have winter tires and sam's does swap summers and winters for free, if you buy them from them, so that is a plus but that price on those tires is great.

slowmotionmsp said:
Just thought i'd let you know, i've recently got tires that i think are probably the best winter and all season tires that i've ever tried. I'm in the ohio area. If you can find NOKIAN tires, they are the best all season tires. You will be very impressed with the quality too, but they are pricier tires compared to other tire brands.

Just thought i'd let you know.

Interesting. I will look into those next time I need tires. I still have a lot of life left on my winter tires, some Goodyears, and they work really well in the snow.

Back