Tire PSI

Unkillable2

:
Mazdaspeed 3 (True Red)
what is the right psi for the stock tires? and have you guys notice the psi goes down pretty fast. i mean like just faster than other cars i ever drove. i checked and my tires are prefectly fine.

34 up front and 32 in the back is what Mazda says. I haven't noticed pressure dropping more than any other car. Leaky valves maybe? Can't replace them cheaply because of the TPMS. There is a cheap tool you can buy to tighten the valves. With the temperature getting colder this will cause tire pressure to drop though.

tire pressure monitoring system. it'll go off it your tire pressure gets to a certain psi. i have had mine go off and fill twice since the cold weather started. its really aggravating but this is my first car with a TPMS so i might of just never notice the difference when temperature changed.

ah i see i see... btw what's TPMS?

TPMS is the tire pressure monitoring system. The valves are built into the sensors. Usually when you get your tires changed the valves will get replaced but not when the valve is part of the sensor. Expensive little piece.

Bwahahaha

Slightly off topic, anyone notice in cold weather how bad flat spots in the tires are first thing in the morning

That usually only happens if the tire pressure is a lil low. The problem went away with all previous cars I've had that experienced that when I put some air in the tires. Haven't felt it on this car, but I'm always on top of my tire pressures since I autocross monthly.

Bwahahaha

Slightly off topic, anyone notice in cold weather how bad flat spots in the tires are first thing in the morning

The Pirell P Zero Nero M+S tires I have on my MS3 have to sit for 2-3 days before they flat spot. Ditto for the Kumho Ecstas I have on my Club Sport.

Bwahahaha

yeah i have noticed that too. it also happened with the kumho tires that i had and with the current brigestone blizzak lm-22 tires that i have now, but goes away after a few min of driving.....

Back