Tinted headlights/foglights

Anyone got any experience with that spray-on stuff?
I tried to do the overlays once and I just stretched/ripped them :(.
I am definately not patient enough to lay tint down thats for sure.

ZeroAccess said:
Anyone got any experience with that spray-on stuff?
I tried to do the overlays once and I just stretched/ripped them :(.
I am definately not patient enough to lay tint down thats for sure.
ask shadow102

ive done mine on my svt, i used transparent black spray from hobby lobby, it worked really well but it just doesnt last long at all. But its really simple just clean the area, u can use an adhesive if u want, but i didnt because the spray is made to stick to plastic. And i just layed down coats until i ran out of paint about 7-8.. let it dry wallah! if u dont like it or it doesnt set right the stuff is easy to remove.
IMG_2008.jpg

I used Nightshades on my corner markers, worked fine, but the trick is to coat it with 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear UV spray. They've held up great, and for sale if anybody cares, they're Celica clears that have been sprayed, not perfect, but servicable.

i have the rear tail lights done in Pactra RC tint. 5.95 a can at hobby town USA. The best part about it is that its a lexan paint (rc car body) so it will strech, not crack, and will stand up to heat (stands up to the 200+ degree engine temps). So far for the past 2-3months i have not had any problems. The only thing i can suggest when using it for headlights is to:
A. make sure you keep the can warm. Use a hot cup of water to sit the can in between coats this will give you a very even spray.
B. Spray very very light coats this stuff loves to run
C. Use a clear coat like chollie recomended

attachment.php

Shadow102 said:
i have the rear tail lights done in Pactra RC tint. 5.95 a can at hobby town USA. The best part about it is that its a lexan paint (rc car body) so it will strech, not crack, and will stand up to heat (stands up to the 200+ degree engine temps). So far for the past 2-3months i have not had any problems. The only thing i can suggest when using it for headlights is to:
A. make sure you keep the can warm. Use a hot cup of water to sit the can in between coats this will give you a very even spray.
B. Spray very very light coats this stuff loves to run
C. Use a clear coat like chollie recomended

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=96684
Good idea.

Also, just to add to step A..

Put the can in warm water 30 minutes prior to the first coat...
It really helps even the spray + eliminates blopping (as Korey stated).

Back