Ticking from under the engine??

srtlat

Have a 08 CX9 with 180k.

There is a ticking coming from under the car right were the belt is. I have heard of squeaking belts but this one sounds like it ticking.

Could it poss be a pulley?

Thanks

I would like to know also. I have noticed mine has a light ticking but mine only has 104k. I only noticed it when it's been driven for a while.

I would like to know also. I have noticed mine has a light ticking but mine only has 104k. I only noticed it when it's been driven for a while.
My noise isnt the normal ticking that these mazda/ford engines have. This is coming underneath the enigine by the passenger wheel. Gotta be a belt or pulley

Let us know what it is when you find out. I am wondering did you ever get your belts replaced? I heard that these belts are good for 10 years. If anyone knows this not to be true please chime in.

I have a cx-9 that had the same problem. I bought it used with 69,000 mi. The previous owner had got it with 39,000 so he real didn't much but oil changes. So shortly after I had purchased it I started to hear the noise coming from the engine. So I started to look on line to find help and found the forum that has good post. So to make a long story short I fix the problem with the noise in me engine not really realizing that I fix it. I planned a trip to Las Vegas and I diced to give the car a tune up as I took the spark plugs they where over gapped and the pvc was not working properly. I replaced the spark plugs and pvc used castrol synthetic 5 quarts and topped off with half a quart of marvel mystery oil. Drove it around for a day no noise the drove it to Las Vegas and still no noise. I hope the helps someone.

I have a cx-9 that had the same problem. I bought it used with 69,000 mi. The previous owner had got it with 39,000 so he real didn't much but oil changes. So shortly after I had purchased it I started to hear the noise coming from the engine. So I started to look on line to find help and found the forum that has good post. So to make a long story short I fix the problem with the noise in me engine not really realizing that I fix it. I planned a trip to Las Vegas and I diced to give the car a tune up as I took the spark plugs they where over gapped and the pvc was not working properly. I replaced the spark plugs and pvc used castrol synthetic 5 quarts and topped off with half a quart of marvel mystery oil. Drove it around for a day no noise the drove it to Las Vegas and still no noise. I hope the helps someone.

Nope does not help me at all.

Where was you "ticking" coming??

Mine is under the engine were the pulleys are

I have some "ticking" too.
I hear it when I sit at the front passenger wheel. Sometimes i hear hissing noise or something like that. May be it's a chain playing...
It's started in last winter at 56K miles (I replaced the spark plugs at 49K with Motocraft SP-411 made in Mexico).
GT2008 AWD

Yeh, have that too...just bought the car, still learning it so not sure what's there at the bottom on the last belt....alternator? My guess is one of the pullies or alternator bearing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh yeh and it's not lifter tick....more like a hissssss....definitely belt/pully/bearing on the way out....After I did timing belt and changed all pullies on my subaru, idle become very quite ...on an ancient 4 cylinder boxer that sounds ...pretty much like diesel. If that succer can be smooth and quite at idle...anything can, certainly v6. Don't have much faith in my local shops either...they will look at me weird..."noise?..what noise...just turn up the radio". I find that in general you can't expect slightest hint of finesse from these guys. If it doesn't leak or smoke it ain't broke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

it' directly not lifters. Lifters(or something like that) i can hear on cold start from top of engine at first 5min.

Latest posts

Back