Thunder header or TSUDO ?

Like so

dsc00078small5cm.jpg

dsc00077small4sn.jpg

justanotheradikt said:
looks like its gonna work then....damn wonder if theyd give you a keychain to send to me :)

Maybe I think I can. (Hell youve been such a help I have no-prob giving it a shot)

Ill have to get back to you though once I pass by to see what it will $$, then Ill let you know, shipping should be next to nil, so no worries.

Last edited:
yea..since it has their name on the back they SHOULD give them away fro free...thats what all the ones around here do...but they are cheap plastic ones...

thanks man! ill pay for w/e shipping is and if htey charge you ill paypal it to ya if its not too much

Dude, no worries about that it will be on me.

Im actually all done, got her in there.

I was figuring I would put a how to together with your steps (and credit given) and my step by step pics.

Would you object? There is non on here so far and alot of things that arnt that clear without pics.

I am joining in late on this but read the entire thread and is there a better fitment with the OBX for the EGR valve. I can't even see a place on the header pictures where it would adapt.

kevcouto said:
I am joining in late on this but read the entire thread and is there a better fitment with the OBX for the EGR valve. I can't even see a place on the header pictures where it would adapt.

Not sure but I know but with the Tsudo header I got a pry bar and pulled the pipe up and over just a bit and it lined right up.

kevcouto said:
so from what I am reading. Both the OBX and Tsudo are very similar in quality?

So close they are pretty much the same damn thing, go figure as Tsudo basically just copied the OBX design.

I bet thats how they churn a profit at a cheeper rate per part, with no design/testing as overhead.

However for those who think the OBX fits better, its fals as both OBX and Tsudo have EGR valve alignment issues (AT TIMES, not always) however NEITHORS isnt fixed without a pry-bar or a little muscle to get it in right, but thats life under the hood with aftermarket parts.

Rac3rX said:
However for those who think the OBX fits better, its fals as both OBX and Tsudo have EGR valve alignment issues (AT TIMES, not always) however NEITHORS isnt fixed without a pry-bar or a little muscle to get it in right, but thats life under the hood with aftermarket parts.

Life under the hood for cheap parts, maybe, but if you pay good money for something it should fit. Period.
Would you say the same thing if you spent $4000.00 on an aftermarket turbo kit and had to use 'muscle or a pry bar' to get the intercooler piping to line up?

go with thunder, great product, fitment, and you don't need a o2 trick/ will not cause an check engine light.

protephile is a great vendor and a good guy to work with. (protephile, you got any thunder decals i can have??)

mickeyreategui said:
go with thunder, great product, fitment, and you don't need a o2 trick/ will not cause an check engine light.

protephile is a great vendor and a good guy to work with. (protephile, you got any thunder decals i can have??)

Thx for the recommendation. I think I can come up with a decal for you...PM me with your mailing address. I just filed away my '06 info. Didn't you get a decal with the header?

Protephile said:
Life under the hood for cheap parts, maybe, but if you pay good money for something it should fit. Period.
Would you say the same thing if you spent $4000.00 on an aftermarket turbo kit and had to use 'muscle or a pry bar' to get the intercooler piping to line up?

A turbo kit doesnt nessessaraly "bolt right in" (The need for a "pry bar" in that case would be drastic, simply needing cutting, splicing, adjusting to fit right, welding, ect as many quality parts do (not nessessaraly a turbo kit, but not excluding) is life under the hood, as is needing a pry bar to align a egr valve on a $150 header) cutting & fitting need be done in alot of cases.

Its not biggie and a little muscle greese to get things in is life under the hood.

I'm thinking about nabbing a Tsudo header off eBay. Should I get it jet-coated and where can I get that done at?

Forthoes of you that have the Tsudo, do you have 2 02 bungs? Theres one that I might buy but it says that it has 2 as oppsed to one. Hurry, it ends tonight!

Thanks!

nautical2086 said:
give me some feeback and reviews on these, i'm in great desire of my header, let me know what you guys thinik, the thunder header,or tsudo?

CaliAv8r said:
Forthoes of you that have the Tsudo, do you have 2 02 bungs? Theres one that I might buy but it says that it has 2 as oppsed to one. Hurry, it ends tonight!

Thanks!

Yes, the Tsudo has two bungs.

Back