thule roof rack

I purchased the 725 flat top 4 snowboard carrier from thule. I had heard from many other posts that the crossbars are too far back to carry snowboards - they say the snowboards will hit the rear roof spoiler when the hatch is opened. I installed my carrier on my factory crossbars, loaded my 167cm burton into the rack, and opened my hatch. The board did not collide with the rear roof spoiler. So do I have a different kind of rack then the people who wrote those posts or are they just crazy?

By the way, I got the rack locks and clamps for 140 bucks - is that a good price?

that price is alright. I 've seen packages from $100 to $150. the package on mazdastuff.com is $130 i believe. not sure if it's a thule rack though.

I mounted the square Thule load bars to my factory bars for added height and so I could use my Thule fork mount bike carrier (which will only mount to square bars) and my 725 and my 152 still hit the wing bad enough to put some gouges in the paint. If you carry 4 boards...2 base to base...it's even worse. I wrote a whole song and dance about it here: http://home.comcast.net/~gtolley/rack.htm

That price is decent. We charge $105 for the 725, Big Mouths are $20 and a pair of locks is $20

Back