Those with original yellow P5s..

dezine

Contributor
:
2009 Mazdaspeed3
Are any of you guys noticing the fade of yellow paint on the front and rear bumpers? I have an '02 P5 with 70k miles on it, and it's getting very noticeable :mad:. Am I looking at another redone yellow paint job to fix this?

Oh and here goes to my first post! Great forums here (nana)

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yeah, yellow was the only color not to get a separate clearcoat--rather the clear was mixed with the color and applied that way iirc. Whatever the reason, it's well known to fade faster than other colors.

Actually this has been discussed before--try searching it.

I'm not getting fading at all that I can tell. I park in a garage though. Recently when I applied some of that HZ touchup paint, the touchup was actually a lighter color than the original paint for some reason.

I feel you...the cars been in only in nevada and southern california when i purchased it..The mirrors fade also if you havent noticed :0) I just try to keep a good coat of wax on it..When I get back from deployment there will be a fresh coat of paint put on

the touch up paint i put on last year has faded so bad it's not even yellow anymore. lol

I feel you...the cars been in only in nevada and southern california when i purchased it..The mirrors fade also if you havent noticed :0) I just try to keep a good coat of wax on it..When I get back from deployment there will be a fresh coat of paint put on

Yeah, my mirrors and the latch cover on the hatch look not so nice. I waxed the hell out of it for the first 3 years so it's not bad, but it's beginning to be noticeable. Anybody recommend where to get it painted or a ballpark estimate for a <b>good</b> job?

My front bumper isn't so bad. It just has a giant black spot and a big crack below the drivers side foglight. That happened shortly after I painted it after my girlfriend hit a big branch in the road. Then a couple weeks later she decided to have an A.D.D. moment driving into our garage. Crunch, now she just has to deal with, I aint fixing it. The rear bumper on the other hand is starting to fade quite a bit though. It's looking more like a pastel than a vivid yellow.

It was also discussed the RED was suppose to be a Single stage paint
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yeah, yellow was the only color not to get a separate clearcoat--rather the clear was mixed with the color and applied that way iirc. Whatever the reason, it's well known to fade faster than other colors.

Actually this has been discussed before--try searching it.

I am not having any issues with my bumpers fading, just the mirrors and the body. It really sucks because the bumpers & spoiler on the hatch look so nice compared to the rest of the car. I love the yellow paint and will have to save up for a new paint job.

And if my mother tells me I need a coat of wax on that car one more time...I'm gonna scream! I swear, every time I go over there, she tells me it needs a coat of wax. I only have so much time in a day with 4 kids to go out and wax the car to keep it shiny. LMAO! But, guess where I'll be this weekend...If the heat lets up some. The previous owner wasn't good at keeping it waxed so it's oxidized quite a bit.

I know my red is horrid! Mirrors pink on top surface as well as the rear bumper. Probably just that hot Texas sun!

Bodywork and paint on the bottom of the to-do-list!!

My front bumper isn't so bad. It just has a giant black spot and a big crack below the drivers side foglight. That happened shortly after I painted it after my girlfriend hit a big branch in the road. Then a couple weeks later she decided to have an A.D.D. moment driving into our garage. Crunch, now she just has to deal with, I aint fixing it. The rear bumper on the other hand is starting to fade quite a bit though. It's looking more like a pastel than a vivid yellow.

That's actually how it looks for me on my car. It looks more of a pastel yellow compared to the rest of the car. I hate it (pissed)

Back