those with hiboost on their p5?

depends on how much boost, traction and a couple other variables. with out some sort of limited slip and drag tires. i would say somewhere around 14.5 mabe more mabe less. i think i read somewhere hiboost ran a 13.8 or something at 14 psi on 100 octaine (dont quote me on this)

14.5? I thought this kit was supposed to generate about 200whp @8psi...At that HP number you should be in the low low 14s unless you cant get ANY traction, but you should definitely have a trap speed nearing 100mph.

We did 13.8 at 12 psi on 100 octane. Trap speed was 106 MPH but the traction was really really bad. (Stock wheels and tires) However, we also did 14.0 at 9 psi but lower trap speed and better traction due to less power.

With better tires than stock the time can be 13.4 or less.

We are taking her again this summer with slicks and 22 psi of boost.

i knew the traction must be the problem...pushing that much power with that kind of trap speed you should be deep into the 13s.

FWD drag racing is more of a speed competition than a quickness(E.T.) comp.

WRX's that run that trap speed 105ish are hitting high 12s. Granted they have way better traction, but its gonna be hard to hook up like that on any FWD without slicks...and that might put some of the drivetrain in jeopardy.

Last edited:
i hope you got beefier axles youll ******* snap that s*** in a heartbeat lol.

14 at 9psi sounds about right. what kind of numbers do you put down at 9psi?

dont know how much it helps cuase he was an auto. but stock deckedoutmp5 ran a 18.5, but the hiboost kit (i think at aroune 10psi, give or take one) he ran a 15.3. i cant remember the trap speeds.

Keep in mind my car was never tuned right or ran great at this time.. this was also with a badly slipping tranny. Peace- Trav

1st run:
1/2 tank of 91 fuel
spare tire
floored it taking off so basically started from a dead stop
air intake temp starting 120 ending 80
coolant 201 deg
stayed in 3rd gear

7 PSI boost
1/4 mile 15.6 @ 92 mph
60 ft 2.6

2nd run: BEST RUN
1/2 tank of 91 fuel
spare tire
kept it at 2000 rpms off the line
air intake temp 125 ending 86
coolant 205 deg
stayed in 3rd gear

7 PSI boost
1/4 mile 15.2 @ 96 mph
60 ft 2.3

protegeV said:
ouch...I thought boosting auto proteges was a no-no(headshake
If anyone knows that, DeckedOutMP5 does. You can read about his woes in the sticky thread at the top of the FI forum.

Back