this your old mp3 in MA?

Well i totalled my mp3 and was looking to buy a new one cuz i loved it so much. i found one at a dealer in springfield and was wondering if this is anyones old one and could tell me how it was. heres pics of my totalled one and the one for sale in springfield

l_88d8f548808c918cab4fda1b41ee9f02.jpg

here is the one for sale,

81k miles
they want 7400

2603378019.227218811.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x421.jpg

2603378020.227218811.IM1.02.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

wow, that car (at the dealer) is a mess! who in their right mind would pay money to have that awful looking/fitting kit put on their car is beyond me

then there's the wheels... (blarf)

then there's the altezzas... (blarf)

then there's the CF hood... (blarf)

you can do a lot better, IMO - unless you walk into the dealer and throw out a really low number, citing how much money it would take you to get the car back to "stock" condition - it's missing a great deal of what makes the car an MP3 - the body kit, the Racing Hart wheels, etc.

if it's at a dealer it's unlikely it comes with any service documentation - you could also be in for some expensive maintenance work if it needs timing belt, water pump, etc.

Is that all the damage you got?? Fix it.. that's not totalled. And from that pic you have no frame damage. Bumper, hood, fender, front left suspention, tire and wheel, light, possible a few small things inside the hood like the windshield washer reserve. That's my opinion anyways... if you liked the car so much just fix it.

ins co. called it at 6100 in damage, the tire is bent back so probably some axel problems and all that, i dont kno much about all that stuff. im gunna get it appraised by somebody else tho.

damage not in pic:

Airbags went off
Windshield cracked
Driver window shattered
Mirror snapped off

Ya.. i can see that being a pretty close approx price. obviously up to you, that other one is horrible looken. Spend 7g on a new one or 7g on one yours

thats the only mp3 for sale in my area, so i might have to go with a diff car.

i would fix it but insurance co is gunna make me total it. they said the car is only worth 6500 which is kinda bull should be at least 7500, im in the middle of all that now

but i was thinking maybe like a

01-03 lancer OZ
01-03 Sentra SE-R v-spec

something along those lines, any suggestions would be cool tho.

Hey boarderkid, be careful about that "MP3." Have you driven it/seen it in person? It might not be an MP3, but someone making it close. What year is the car listed as? It's either been in an accident on the drivers' side, or it's not an MP3. The mirror is two-tone, and true MP3's are solid blue or yellow.

Hey boarderkid, be careful about that "MP3." Have you driven it/seen it in person? It might not be an MP3, but someone making it close. What year is the car listed as? It's either been in an accident on the drivers' side, or it's not an MP3. The mirror is two-tone, and true MP3's are solid blue or yellow.

very good point....and there are no sidemarker lights...although the might be removed for the widebody kit

Definately a full Wings West Body kit on there, minus the wing.

If you want an MP3, sometimes you've gotta take what you can get, plus IMHO only the tail lights really need to go right away.

The body kit isn't for me, but its not horrible either.

And the smooth CF hood goes well with the blue.

I'd go drive it, have a mechanic you trust check it out, and take more pictures for us to look at it for ya! (yippy)

Definately a full Wings West Body kit on there, minus the wing.

If you want an MP3, sometimes you've gotta take what you can get, plus IMHO only the tail lights really need to go right away.

The body kit isn't for me, but its not horrible either.

And the smooth CF hood goes well with the blue.

I'd go drive it, have a mechanic you trust check it out, and take more pictures for us to look at it for ya! (yippy)

I agree, its a starting point. Plus it really needs a drop too.
But I imagine the right people could fit that kit better.

The WW kit isn't that pretty in my opinion, but it can look good. The one things that needs to go are the massive fender flares, front and back (which are separate from the rest of the kit). Without them, the fenders are identical to a stock 3rd gen.
Edit: here's a decent pic of the kit without the flares: http://www.myfavoritevehicle.com/mazdaprotegegroundeffects.html

Last edited:
just stripped my old cars stereo out with the sub cables and everything, it was fun ripping apart my mp3 knowing that it didnt matter if i ****** anything up haha. i put everything back like the door panels and everything, i even took the kenwood speakers lol.

just as i finished it started to downpour so im glad a left work early to do it or i would be in the rain right now doing it, insurance co tows it away tomorrow so i had to go now.

New cars that im looking at"

maybe a 02-03 lancer OZ (kinda slow but they look nice)
or honda civic 01-02ish
or even a sentra se-r v-spec

anything i take out insurance co is deducting money from the value of the car they are giving me.

i want to have it fixed but i still have a loan on it and the insurance co says its a total loss and theres nothing i can do ive tried. They lady at my insurance co i deal with is a b**** too, always has an attitude when i ask her a question.

Back