This looks like a good idea!!

Us MSP guys can't use it from what I've heard due to the turbo. It should work for non-turbo'd guys though:)

I don't see how that would work. A quick jet of Nitrous expanding in the filter element seems like it would displace the air coming in.

FYI, nitrous OXIDE has pure oxygen in it, dont need that much normal air... but its a bad thing. (dry kit)

this should go in the N2O section. Mod, please move there.

This technology has nothing to do with the nitrous. The effect is form a specially shaped nozzle called an air amplifier which uses compressed air to increase the airflow. Do a web search on an air amplifier or look at

http://www.tech-sales.com/nexflow_air_amplifiers.htm

I'm a degreed rocket scientist and this is old stuff, but interesting. Using nitrous as the compress gas source is just a bit more boost, but normal air works well also. The best you could hope for is atmospheric pressure as it won't compress the air in the intake like a turbo. The compress gas through the special nozzle just speeds up the airflow on the intake by creating a vacuum(low pressure).

Normal air is 80% N2 15-20% O2. Well there are combustion componenets of both COxs & NOxs in some amounts. N2O is just too much oxygen for normal engines to run full time, which is why you use shots of N2O.

No need to list this under Nitrous since the air amplifier is not nitrous specific.

Last edited:
I wish it made a difference these days, the real degree is BS Aerospace Engineering. It's gotten me one interview in 9 months. Working on missiles and Early Warning Radars ain't that profitable as an employee, and Networking/Telecom my last venture has died too.

Of course it does qualify me to make comments on subjects like the space shuttle explosion(called that one 5 minutes after it happened) and these air amplifiers. Also there aren't that many people who have one so I can bluff people's socks off if I really want to. The rocket scientist line is always good for a laugh.

Right now I'd trade that line on my resume for a job.

Back