This is what loyalty gets you

Yea it's a beautiful vehicle. Timing is everything.

I appreciate that I was the given "first right of choice" when it arrived. My salesman said that they weren't expecting them until may/June.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I hit up my dealer this morning with an e-mail:

wanted to follow up with you on the conversation we had last week. When you get your 17's in if you get one with the following specs let me know:

2017 CX-5 Grand Touring
With AWD
Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Black Leather
Premium Package
Front and rear bumper trim package
Rear Parking Sensors

I based this off the updated MazdaUSA website that looks to have gone live with the '17 last night. https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-5

Thanks and have a good day.

Right now I have 20K to put as a downpayment on this car right now. *sighs* Thanks to the insurance company cut for my Mazda3. The money isn't burning a hole in my pocket. But the month to month payment of the rental waiting on this thing is....

PS- I have multiple dealers e-mailed as I'm not wed to a single dealer.

Hey! The rear park sensors are still dealer install!? [emoji17]

I don't get why you need to sell your wife's CX-5 first. Can you not trade it in for this new one?

Btw, the pictures don't do the new red color justice, you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it I think.

I don't get why you need to sell your wife's CX-5 first. Can you not trade it in for this new one?

Btw, the pictures don't do the new red color justice, you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it I think.

Guessing because you can most likely get more money out of selling it than trading it in.

I would trade it if I was still in the US. I'm here till about 2019. Selling it or having a fellow USAA member assume the loan is more ideal.

Guessing because you can most likely get more money out of selling it than trading it in.

I'll get taken to the cleaners if I try to trade it here in Germany.

I would trade it if I was still in the US. I'm here till about 2019. Selling it or having a fellow USAA member assume the loan is more ideal.

I'll get taken to the cleaners if I try to trade it here in Germany.
Ah, understood.

The paint shop guy throws me out when he sees my Soul Red paint. I dread to think what he will make of the new red.

Front clip is horrible on the 17. Shame that we are getting the diesel on that body. I'm sure you will enjoy it though. Maybe it'll look good once people start modding them a bit because factory spec is leaving a bit to be desired aesthetically imo.

I think that's very subjective, but I respect your opinion

Wonder if one can import a used lhd diesel since then diesel wil be here?

Front clip is horrible on the 17. Shame that we are getting the diesel on that body. I'm sure you will enjoy it though. Maybe it'll look good once people start modding them a bit because factory spec is leaving a bit to be desired aesthetically imo.
Fully agree

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No offense is intended, but I just can't agree when people say the premium package is pricey. Honda wants $1,000 for their navigation system. The premium package is an amazing bargain!
so front passenger now gets 6-way power adjust .... so (2) front-back , (2) seatback tilt, what is the other (2) lumbar or (2) seat pan tilt ?

I'm assuming driver gets 8-way power ? (2) front-back , (2) seatback tilt, (2) then lumbar , (2) seat pan tilt

so extra $1830 buys the following (a bit pricey, but nice amenities to have)

Driver memory seat
6-way power front passenger seat
Heated rear seats
Heated Steering wheel
HUD
Wiper De-Icer ? (what does this do? Is this why they needed a new connector type)

so front passenger now gets 6-way power adjust .... so (2) front-back , (2) seatback tilt, what is the other (2) lumbar or (2) seat pan tilt ?

I'm assuming driver gets 8-way power ? (2) front-back , (2) seatback tilt, (2) then lumbar , (2) seat pan tilt

so extra $1830 buys the following (a bit pricey, but nice amenities to have)

Driver memory seat
6-way power front passenger seat
Heated rear seats
Heated Steering wheel
HUD
Wiper De-Icer ? (what does this do? Is this why they needed a new connector type)

I wish I could pay for just the HUD. Those other things are worth, maybe $200 combined to me.

No offense is intended, but I just can't agree when people say the premium package is pricey. Honda wants $1,000 for their navigation system. The premium package is an amazing bargain!

It seems high compared to the two available Touring packages - those seem unbelievably cheap.

ughhh... automatic...

I'd need 50bhp more to convert to an auto.

edit: don't get me wrong, lovely car and, here in the UK, we'll have manuals in every trim level, so it was just a reaction to the auto stick.

Back