Thinking of buying a P5, your input please

Cys06-3S

Hello all! Im considering a P5 for the wife, as her SE-R is a little too small for the addition of a baby seat. Are there any model specific problems, or models I should stay away from? Though she would perfer an MTX, an ATX would be ok too, are there any issues with the ATX? Any input would be a huge help. Thank you all!

MTX all the way. i have a ATX and well i like to drive spirited and wish i would have gotten a MTX. Also Mtx are more mod friendly where you would feel a okay differences than in a Atx.

Check out the Protege5. Our only problems are amazing handling and drop dead sexy looks.
:D
The only normal problem with the P5 im aware of is the failing EGR valve. Which now has a replacement. There are certain areas on the car that are notorious for getting rust. As long as you find one at a good price, with low mileage that was taken good care of, you can have a blast in this 5 speed 2 liter

3rd gear syncros tend to go out a lot around the 90k+miles range. egrs always need a cleaning. that really is the major stuff. its a pretty decent car actually

was the se-r the base se-r or was it the spec v? i miss my b15 lol

As far as car seats go, I have a Britax Boulevard in the back seat of the P5 sitting in the middle, and it fits fine. It is a little hard getting our 2 year old in and out as the car is lowered, but once you get a system down it is not to bad.

Also, we can fit a full size Graco stroller, diaper bag, and misc baby gear in the trunk as well. I was amazed at how much stuff went into the trunk, and the stroller was not shoved in, plenty of room.

We do not race our P5 at all, but 70.00 headers, cheap CAI, some Iridium plugs seem to be about it. We are working the bugs out to convert to a V6 after she has the baby in October.

3rd gear syncros tend to go out a lot around the 90k+miles range. egrs always need a cleaning. that really is the major stuff. its a pretty decent car actually

was the se-r the base se-r or was it the spec v? i miss my b15 lol[/QUOTE

Actually its a Classic 94 SE-R, which will be for sale soon. Full intake, exhaust, header back, new clutch..... well Ill post a for sale in the right board at in the future. Thank you all for the input!

As far as car seats go, I have a Britax Boulevard in the back seat of the P5 sitting in the middle, and it fits fine. It is a little hard getting our 2 year old in and out as the car is lowered, but once you get a system down it is not to bad.

Also, we can fit a full size Graco stroller, diaper bag, and misc baby gear in the trunk as well. I was amazed at how much stuff went into the trunk, and the stroller was not shoved in, plenty of room.

We do not race our P5 at all, but 70.00 headers, cheap CAI, some Iridium plugs seem to be about it. We are working the bugs out to convert to a V6 after she has the baby in October.

Sweet, thanks!

Sweet, thanks!

Kinda figured that is what you were fishing for when you mentioned it was for your wife + Car seat.

Right now my wife drives the (my) MPV as she is 8 months prego, for family stuff I have to recommend the MPV, all around nice ride with enough power, we have an 02 LX model.

The MP5 is my wifes car though.

Kinda figured that is what you were fishing for when you mentioned it was for your wife + Car seat.

Right now my wife drives the (my) MPV as she is 8 months prego, for family stuff I have to recommend the MPV, all around nice ride with enough power, we have an 02 LX model.

The MP5 is my wifes car though.

Just the opposite...I drive the 02 P5 and my wife drives our 04 MPV. You can fit a lot of stuff in the hatch of the P5 though, that is for sure.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the tires. The stock size is increasingly difficult to find a decent tire in. Go with 205/45/16 or 205/50/16 and you'll have many more options.

Just the opposite...I drive the 02 P5 and my wife drives our 04 MPV. You can fit a lot of stuff in the hatch of the P5 though, that is for sure.

Right now I have the P5 and she is driving the MPV, and I miss the nice soft comfy ride of my MPV right now.

was the se-r the base se-r or was it the spec v? i miss my b15 lol[/QUOTE

Actually its a Classic 94 SE-R, which will be for sale soon. Full intake, exhaust, header back, new clutch..... well Ill post a for sale in the right board at in the future. Thank you all for the input!

sr20 FTW!!!! although turbo would be a better choice for it unless it was swapped with the neo haha. great car though and i see why you need a bigger car

Back