The "What mods for a daily driven MSP?" Guide Thread

well see i agree with you but tonny you have to admit that these cars do not have good traction, they tend to spin so what is the point of spinning? so i thought of this and this is one of the reasons i went with a fmic is to get rid of the wheel spin in low gears and add the power were i can use it cause we all know that spinning is a waste of hp!

but then if you are spinning you have a better chance of not breaking somthing.

mine doesnt spin. maybe stop drag racing you ricer ;)

like i said, this is for a daily driver, we have different driving habits.

BOV > BPV

In my opinion if you have a bpv, take off your pink skirt, relocate your MAF and get a bov. You're a real man if your friends can hear you shift 6 blocks down the road.

it will be if you arent running the stock airbox unless you really like turkey

The stock airbox should still be in there unless you deliberately take it out?.. and with the upgraded smic, the upgraded forge BPV should help for the most part from the turkey correct?

turkey is there no matter what leaving the stock airbox and pipes make it harder to hear but putting in better pipes with the smic upgrade and the probability that you have an aftermarket air intake of some kind you will hear the turkey

The stock airbox should still be in there unless you deliberately take it out?.. and with the upgraded smic, the upgraded forge BPV should help for the most part from the turkey correct?

from what i have heard the forge bpv doesnt help because it is having a bpv which causes the problem to begin with

from what i have heard the forge bpv doesnt help because it is having a bpv which causes the problem to begin with

bpvs do not cause problems as long as the nipples are the same size as the inlets and outlets. if the bpv has an extremely small inlet and outlet, then there will be compressor surge. but if the inlet/outlet are large enough to allow the air to recirculate efficiently and the nipples on the pipes are the same size or larger, then a BPV works just as well.

505zoom has run many different bpv/bov setups. i believe he is now running a bpv only with matching nipples on the pipes with no turkey.

so there are no variations in the complete inlets/outlets.

mine doesnt spin. maybe stop drag racing you ricer ;)

like i said, this is for a daily driver, we have different driving habits.

i dont really race my car, but i do like the fmic in my bumper screaming look at me im sexy and i have 5.5 psi of BOOST (ricer) lol you are right in what you say.

i dont really race my car, but i do like the fmic in my bumper screaming look at me im sexy and i have 5.5 psi of BOOST (ricer) lol you are right in what you say.

I hear you. I liked the look when i had it also. I just hated how it drove (for what my plans were)

I hear you. I liked the look when i had it also. I just hated how it drove (for what my plans were)

I know in the first post you say you prefer Turbohoses for the hardpipe kit, are there any advantages to a seamless hardpipe kit as opposed to a kit from a manufacturer like Weapon-R that has more couplers? Would it be safer (in terms of cracking) to not go seamless?

P. S sorry for the threadjack but....please check this out because I am serious about possibly getting these for those who want them (ex. AutoXers who have harnesses)
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3826977#post3826977[/url]

Last edited:
the less pieces are better cause its less places to leak and it looks better.

but anything wil do the job.

Ok sorry for my ignorance but I'm having a hard time understanding the whole "turkey" thing. I know it's caused by compressor surge and compressor surge is bad but what exactly stops it? There are a ton of threads about it but only how to kill it... not what is different and why different setups work and stock doesn't.

sorry for the jack but you always seem to know what you are talking about.

I think using a larger valve fixes it. I used the reflex bypass valve and now i use the MS3 Valve both larger openings. I never have turkey. I think the stock bypass valve doesnt vent the air fast enough and that causes the surge, but when u have larger input/outputs it does the job more efficiently (of course the valve must be working efficiently as well).

so when the stock valve doesnt release the wave of pressure fast enough, it gets back to the turbo wheel and causes the surge. but if your valve does its job properly it gets rid of the air fast enough to negate the surge.

however using a valve with larger openings requires fabrication to accept the larger inputs/outputs.

My car will never see the track, or be street raced i just would like a fun car, im a spirited driver but never stay on it. You really think 225whp is pushing it for the sidemount?

I plan on getting a custom tune with the unichip.

I hate all of the front mounts except for the mam and perrin ones and well they are discontinued or overpriced and turbolife is sold out.

... man im going to ask you this but what is the point of modding a car if you never race, track or get on your car hard?

My car will never see the track, or be street raced i just would like a fun car, im a spirited driver but never stay on it. You really think 225whp is pushing it for the sidemount?

I plan on getting a custom tune with the unichip.

I hate all of the front mounts except for the mam and perrin ones and well they are discontinued or overpriced and turbolife is sold out.

no it can handle it. if u race it, its going to heat soack but it cna handle it.

lol true, i have tracked my car once and i have only raced my friend and my brother so lol its not like i race all the time lol.

When you have 2 motors pop on you, youd spend a little extra ensuring they are strong too. i havent even had the car 1 year and the warranty company paid the first time all i paid is 1200 for forged rods, pistons metal gasket arp studs ect..

So to answer your question the point of modding this particular engine is to keep it safe while im paying the 11k off that i owe on it, does that answer it lol...

Back