The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

Just carefully stick a tiny flathead in and push those little green tabs out (from inside) while gently pulling.

Or Just go to Crappy tire and get their set of fuel line disconnect loops. I got a set of 5 for like $6.

Just carefully stick a tiny flathead in and push those little green tabs out (from inside) while gently pulling.

Or Just go to Crappy tire and get their set of fuel line disconnect loops. I got a set of 5 for like $6.

Do you have a CT part no. ? I went there today and drew blanks. I also tried NAPA with no luck.

What's the deal with the Walbro pump?

Okay I was going to do my pump today (again). Got the lines disconnected okay and everything out but then I find the Walbro is not the same size as the OEM pump and will not fit in the housing. It is longer (see pic below) and the bottom retainer will not fit back on over the filter.
What's the trick to getting this to work?

DCP_0169.jpg

Okay I was going to do my pump today (again). Got the lines disconnected okay and everything out but then I find the Walbro is not the same size as the OEM pump and will not fit in the housing. It is longer (see pic below) and the bottom retainer will not fit back on over the filter.
What's the trick to getting this to work?

DCP_0169.jpg

i dont know if it will help you, but check out the howto section. there is one for installing the fuel pump.

Thanks, someone else also sent me a link. For some reason I could not find it with the search function.

Drag Racing

I'm going drag racing next weekend for the 2nd time in my life so I got these...

DCP_0177.jpg

to go with these... :D

DCP_0178.jpg

How'd the fuel pump install end up finishing? Good? I just ordered one the other day and am looking to avoid problems :)

Ended up just doing some street tuning and bumping the boost up to 9 psi. The dyno isn't in place at the new shop location yet so gotta wait a bit more to do the fuel injectors and pump. Cars feeling really strong right now. Going to the drags this weekend so we'll see what it'll do.

Last edited:
Car died on me yesterday...

Just turned left at a traffic light when it shuts down, no sputtering or any warning of any kind. All power still there, car turned over but wouldn't restart. Towed it home and left it as I had other things to do last night. This morning I got in and turned on the ignition. The familiar sound of the fuel pump priming was not there. I'm hoping it's only a fuse or something minor but I won't be able to look at it more closely until after work today. I do have a Walbro still waiting to install so that's a good thing but I'm just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what the cause of this failure might be, or suggest what to look for.

Have you changed your O2 Sensors lately? If so, did you splice in the wires? If so, make sure they are still properly insulated. This was my problem a year ago, when I was stuck on the side of the road for 3 hours, until Moeed pointed me in the right direction.

My 2nd O2 is gone but the primary is still there in a somewhat compromised position whch has been bugging me for sometime now. The MAM downpipe that I have has 2 O2 bungs after the flex pipe. One has limited clearance for an O2, the other virtually none. (I've got my WB in the bung before the flex pipe.)
And ya I know, WTF is with all the oil??? Damn weeping AWR pan... :(

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

You can see where the O2 is actually chafing into the tranny housing. I have to relocate the bung. Also, I will trace the wiring and double check the splice and insulation.

Back