• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 221
LinuxRacr said:
So what's the latest?

Hehehe, I guess in the excitement of finally having my car back after almost 4 1/2 months, I forgot to post an update.
Well the reassembly was finished and I picked up my car on Friday November 24. Rather than drive it back home (about 60 kms), I decided to go 150 kms the other way and take it straight to my tuning shop to install the Microtech. We figured that the removal of the MPI Tuner and installation/initial tune of the MT would take about 10 hours so with a start at it Friday evening it should get done Saturday afternoon and then I could drive it home arriving sometime mid-evening. Well, that was a great plan, but someone higher up wasn't going along with it.
The actual removal of the MPI and wiring of the MT went okay but there were some issues with getting a signal to the coils. They would not fire. Now right away I will confess, when it comes to tuning, I'm as useless as tits on a bull so all I could do was let the guys have at it while I nervously paced back and forth watching the snow start to fall outside... :(
We finally packed it in about 8pm ish and went to eat. By this time there was a couple of inches on the ground and I knew I wasn't going anywhere that night anyway, so I went back to the same motel I spent Friday night at and got my room again for a 2nd night. When I woke up in the morning(Sunday) and looked outside there was about a foot of snow and it was still falling! I'm thinking now what the f**k am I going to do? Even when we get the car going it ain't going nowhere as it still had the summer tires on. Anyway, I called the guys and one of them came to pick me up and we headed back to the shop to get the car finished. We just got in the door when the power went out. That was it for the day, we were SOL! I ended up staying a third night at the same motel, waking up Monday morning to no power (or phones) there either. There was now about 18" of snow outside my room so I packed up my stuff and hiked over to the lobby. The manager was cooking hot chocolate on a BBQ and had just handed me a cup when someone pulled up in a taxi. I immediately grabbed it and $40 later I was sitting in the bus depot in downtown Victoria BC waiting for the next bus back up Island. I finally got home about 7 hours later.
It wasn't until about 2 weeks later that I was able to get back down there to get my car, but I now have it and I'm driving it every day (weather permitting) just to get some mileage on the motor for the break-in. There is some more tuning to do as well (it's terrible to get started when cold) and to make matters worse, my block heater was removed during the rebuild.
I have to resist the temptation to punch it every once in a while right now as I want to stay out of boost during the break-in. But it's going to be fun once that's over and we can dial up the boost a bit. I can hardly wait! :)

mspeedP5 said:
Hehehe, I guess in the excitement of finally having my car back after almost 4 1/2 months, I forgot to post an update.
Well the reassembly was finished and I picked up my car on Friday November 24. Rather than drive it back home (about 60 kms), I decided to go 150 kms the other way and take it straight to my tuning shop to install the Microtech. We figured that the removal of the MPI Tuner and installation/initial tune of the MT would take about 10 hours so with a start at it Friday evening it should get done Saturday afternoon and then I could drive it home arriving sometime mid-evening. Well, that was a great plan, but someone higher up wasn't going along with it.
The actual removal of the MPI and wiring of the MT went okay but there were some issues with getting a signal to the coils. They would not fire. Now right away I will confess, when it comes to tuning, I'm as useless as tits on a bull so all I could do was let the guys have at it while I nervously paced back and forth watching the snow start to fall outside... :(
We finally packed it in about 8pm ish and went to eat. By this time there was a couple of inches on the ground and I knew I wasn't going anywhere that night anyway, so I went back to the same motel I spent Friday night at and got my room again for a 2nd night. When I woke up in the morning(Sunday) and looked outside there was about a foot of snow and it was still falling! I'm thinking now what the f**k am I going to do? Even when we get the car going it ain't going nowhere as it still had the summer tires on. Anyway, I called the guys and one of them came to pick me up and we headed back to the shop to get the car finished. We just got in the door when the power went out. That was it for the day, we were SOL! I ended up staying a third night at the same motel, waking up Monday morning to no power (or phones) there either. There was now about 18" of snow outside my room so I packed up my stuff and hiked over to the lobby. The manager was cooking hot chocolate on a BBQ and had just handed me a cup when someone pulled up in a taxi. I immediately grabbed it and $40 later I was sitting in the bus depot in downtown Victoria BC waiting for the next bus back up Island. I finally got home about 7 hours later.
It wasn't until about 2 weeks later that I was able to get back down there to get my car, but I now have it and I'm driving it every day (weather permitting) just to get some mileage on the motor for the break-in. There is some more tuning to do as well (it's terrible to get started when cold) and to make matters worse, my block heater was removed during the rebuild.
I have to resist the temptation to punch it every once in a while right now as I want to stay out of boost during the break-in. But it's going to be fun once that's over and we can dial up the boost a bit. I can hardly wait! :)

WOW i read your whole thread, and wow! i felt so bad for you. everytime i read posts like this im scared something is going to go wrong when i get my car turbo'ed in febuary.

Remember why you bought your P5? Most likey because it is such a fun car to drive. Add boost to the equation and it more than offsets any hurdles you may or may not come across. :)

mspeedP5 said:
Remember why you bought your P5? Most likey because it is such a fun car to drive. Add boost to the equation and it more than offsets any hurdles you may or may not come across. :)

Ya bought it awesome looks and handling i cant wait till its turbo'ed

Back