The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

We usually get around $1,400 back between us. We usually use it to pay for our 'vacation' (family vacation to Florida). This year since we moved into a nicer house, the majority of it is going to paying off our appliances, my 1 car loan & then i usually put some away for winter bills/utilities. Once we get out of this debt we've accumulated over the last year or so, we'll be better off (hopefully).

Something more sporty?

a1f888ea25fca8b70a7c0cea5cc7ef02x.jpg

Sunny, us old guys are playing Bingo and shuffle board at the retirement home this weekend if you want to come along. :D

Hybrids, eww.

I would opt for the Mazda 6 Diesel! Hybrids you would need to keep for 10-12 years in order to realize the savings! If you are getting a new cars every 3-5 years, there is no benefit to having a hybrid!

Last edited:
I would opt for the Mazda 6 Diesel! Hybrids you would need to keep for 10-12 years in order to realize the savings! If you are getting a new cars every 3-5 years, there is no benefit to having a hybrid!

Unless you want it immediately. Then you're gambling.

Diesel also only makes sense if you have a long commute. If you're tooling around town and want the best fuel economy nothing is going to beat a hybrid. Mazda really apply its SkyActiv technology to the 2. There's no reason it should be rated 29-35 mi/gal.

Diesel also only makes sense if you have a long commute. If you're tooling around town and want the best fuel economy nothing is going to beat a hybrid. Mazda really apply its SkyActiv technology to the 2. There's no reason it should be rated 29-35 mi/gal.

I would think more like 30+/50ish mpg for the 2 w/ a skyactive engine. I would assume they would go smaller than the 2.0L engine. But then they might sell them and make money.

Exactly.

Back