The Official Mazda2 Wheel Thread

Hey Guys! Should I have any rubbing issues running 15x8 6UL's with a inch drop in ride height coming from Bilstein coil-overs?

I'm planning on running either 195/50/15 or 205/50/15 tires.

Also, are the Bilsteins skinnier than the stock struts? Hopefully the Bilsteins will give me more clearance.

Hey Guys! Should I have any rubbing issues running 15x8 6UL's with a inch drop in ride height coming from Bilstein coil-overs?

I'm planning on running either 195/50/15 or 205/50/15 tires.

Also, are the Bilsteins skinnier than the stock struts? Hopefully the Bilsteins will give me more clearance.
No issues on the backside for sure. I also don't think any issues on the fender side either (I know there are pics of the 8" mounted on this board somewhere). I ran the 15x9 w/H&R springs and it did not clear the strut and stuck out from the fender in the front, but that's an added .5" on each side (the offset is the same for 8 or 9, +36). Rears will for sure be fine, I did nothing (except rolled the fenders) in the rear for x9. Tires were 225/45/15.

Hey I think I found a good deal on some rims, will anyone give me their opinion of these wheels and let me know if they will fit? I've seen that a few people have 17 inch rims on their M2's, these are 17s and I just want to make sure they'll fit before I go buy them.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/2853648548.html

what's the offset? had those specs before at +45 offset, cleared of any rubbing issues. even installed 5mm spacers to push the wheels out. imo, those are good to go

Hi, I want to share some photos of my mazda2, the wheels are Konig Minuz 15x6.5, and tires are stock (Toyo R27)

DSC04039.jpg

DELADOMINUZ1.jpg

DECOSTADOMINUZ.jpg

Last edited:
On a side note...holy swirl marks batman! I had a black mazda5...last black car ever for me. Too much upkeep ;-)

Miata wheels on the 2: I'm about to get a 2 in a few months and I've been looking at what wheels are out there. I've seen some great choices here, and few of them seem to be the standard offerings at Tire Rack. Speaking of which, I noticed that at TireRack, the choices for 4x100 miata wheels are a million times better than the wheel selection that comes up for the 2. Do Miata wheels just bolt right on to the 2 (I saw a few people with Miata NB wheels on a 2), or is something else required to fit Miata wheels to a 2? It also seems that much more interesting offsets are available that way. Second question, do they (Tire Rack) get weird about you ordering Miata wheels for your 2 if they are not specifically listed for the 2? Thanks a lot in advance for the knowledge base out there -

1995 Mazda Miata M-edition BBS wheel "test"
15x6 et45, 12lbs
yyejJh.jpg

Kosei K1-TS with 225/45R15 Hankook R-S3
15x7 et38, 12.6lbs
VvN4ph.jpg

ZhN7Sh.jpg

I love shoes, I mean wheels!

Mazda2wBothTeam Dynamics.jpg

I admit, I have a wheel fetish. Driving wheels, steering wheels, all kinds of wheels. I have old water valves as kitchen cabinet knobs. Anyway, I found a deal on some shoes and got up early Saturday morning (I mean early) and drove to Brooklyn, Gotham City to pick up these babies. Then I drove back and to the shop and swapped out the winter steelies and installed my Summer Wheels (black ones you see on the back axle). I also dry fitted the new ones on the front to see how they look.

Did I need more wheels, NO!

What am I going to do with these, I don't know yet!

What are these? They are early Spec Miata wheels a bit over 13 lbs. each, called Team Dynamics Racing, the newer ones are called Team Dynamics Motorsports and they are on my car. The offset is 30 and they are no longer available. Goodwin Racing has 2 or so left. They are called 1.0

The new Spec Miata wheels are the same as the B-Spec wheels and run a 25 mm offset meaning that one can run 30 offset plus 5 mm spacer. The originals had the basket protruding and wheel to wheel contact would often result in wheel damage, so on the 1.2 and 1.3 the basket was installed further inboard.

OK, so I told you more than you wanted to ever know about these wheels, but if you ever watch BTCC racing, those are the wheels most of those racers run in sizes from 15-17 inches. These are 15x7. And I got them for 250 bucks, never used, with lug-nuts, keyed, rotating collar.

Hope you liked this.

(popcorn)

paint them gloss black ..actually id stay with the kosie's they are sweet looking wheels,but id run 205/50x15's ..
im looking for the same or similar wheels for my M2

I saw these wheels on tirerack and I kind of like them, just wondering what everybody else thinks. I usually don't like flashy stuff on cars, but these are kinda neat. Also, how much do you think I could sell my factory aluminum wheels for?
attachment.php

sparco_assetto_gara_spectrum_5_w640.jpeg

Attachments

• green.png
    green.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 3,224
View attachment 192265

I admit, I have a wheel fetish. Driving wheels, steering wheels, all kinds of wheels. I have old water valves as kitchen cabinet knobs. Anyway, I found a deal on some shoes and got up early Saturday morning (I mean early) and drove to Brooklyn, Gotham City to pick up these babies. Then I drove back and to the shop and swapped out the winter steelies and installed my Summer Wheels (black ones you see on the back axle). I also dry fitted the new ones on the front to see how they look.

Did I need more wheels, NO!

What am I going to do with these, I don't know yet!

What are these? They are early Spec Miata wheels a bit over 13 lbs. each, called Team Dynamics Racing, the newer ones are called Team Dynamics Motorsports and they are on my car. The offset is 30 and they are no longer available. Goodwin Racing has 2 or so left. They are called 1.0

The new Spec Miata wheels are the same as the B-Spec wheels and run a 25 mm offset meaning that one can run 30 offset plus 5 mm spacer. The originals had the basket protruding and wheel to wheel contact would often result in wheel damage, so on the 1.2 and 1.3 the basket was installed further inboard.

OK, so I told you more than you wanted to ever know about these wheels, but if you ever watch BTCC racing, those are the wheels most of those racers run in sizes from 15-17 inches. These are 15x7. And I got them for 250 bucks, never used, with lug-nuts, keyed, rotating collar.

Hope you liked this.

(popcorn)

Very nice.

I've always liked team dynamics wheels, and was thinking of going with a set when I get around to buying a set of wheels for the 2. I will definitely need to see more of this!

paint them gloss black ..actually id stay with the kosie's they are sweet looking wheels,but id run 205/50x15's ..
im looking for the same or similar wheels for my M2

The Kosei's are 15x7 and aren't stock legal for autocross (stock wheel is 15x6). The BBS are 12lbs a pop and have the correct offset, so they were a no brainer for the 2. I went with 195/50R15s because the car isn't exactly grip limit and they will wear fairly evenly for DD duty. Now to head up to VIR-N over Easter and break these bad boys in.

I saw these wheels on tirerack and I kind of like them, just wondering what everybody else thinks. I usually don't like flashy stuff on cars, but these are kinda neat. Also, how much do you think I could sell my factory aluminum wheels for?
attachment.php

sparco_assetto_gara_spectrum_5_w640.jpeg

How did you get Tire Rack to show those wheels as an option for the 2? I don't see those Sparcos showing up at all! The bronze, gold and dark matte silver are pretty killer. And that orange is hot...

Anybody tried the TRMotorsport C1s? The 15x7 looks like a nice option for the money. I know these wheels are pretty popular with the Miata guys.

Back