the new kid has a question

Drackonn said:
it needs major cutting and fiberglassing, the fenders / headlights and grill are completely different.

^^also trublue i see you sent me a msg about my headlights, i didnt buy them, i took them apart and painted the insert with semi gloss black paint

there is a how-to written by ghost somewhere on this board ...

hey....well if u can recall how to get those headlights painted then can u note me about it...thanx.

look for the how-to by ghost, you basically bake them in the oven until the glue starts to melt, take them apart, take out the insert, paint it, put the headlight back together and bake it in the oven again to let the glue seal up ...

Drackonn said:
look for the how-to by ghost, you basically bake them in the oven until the glue starts to melt, take them apart, take out the insert, paint it, put the headlight back together and bake it in the oven again to let the glue seal up ...

also note the corners (99-00 models) can not be done. those you have to buy.
ebay and procarparts.com carry blacked out corners for around $25

My 99 with the DGM lip. Sup Drak!

Attachments

• MVC-008F2.JPG
    MVC-008F2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 121
  • MVC-006F2.JPG
    MVC-006F2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 112
I have an AutoExe front lip spoiler I purchased from a member on this board. I know Corksport sells it on their website, but not sure how much though. Also, Mazda sells an 00 lip spoiler. You can get it from www. mazdastuff.com or www.mazdaformance.com . One of the two websites. Can't remember????

steve_protege said:
For real?!! I could of swore that they had an OEM lip for the 00? Did they just recently change it or something?

there has NEVER been an OEM front lip for the USDM 99-00 bumper

TampaSport20 said:
there has NEVER been an OEM front lip for the USDM 99-00 bumper

Well, nevermind then. My fault people. The only one readily available is the AutoExe one then. But its kinda pricey though....

Back