the new kid has a question

2muchbass

:
2000 mazda protege es
hey whats up everyone, last year i became a proud owner of a 2000 protege es. ive been looking for a lip kit and ive had no such luck. it sux because everything i find is for an 01 or up. i know the bodystyle is almost if not exactly the same but im a little nervious about buying something that isnt for a 00. so anyway where can i find a lip kit, and will a kit for an 01 fit on my ride without any major adjustments? thanx

Good luck with the front but the OEM sideskirts and rear lips from the MP3 and MSP will fit your car.

that isnt completely true. there are a few nice ones my favorite is the one NegatiZE has...
DSC_5972.jpg

I have that bumper as well. he's asking about a lip for the stock bumper

2muchbass - drackon had an accord molded to his bumper

DSCN0386.jpg

Last edited:
ya sorry i didnt read it quite right. i kinda skimmed through everything.

^^ hey thats my car lol ... yeah your gonna have to fit a lip from another car, they dont make a front lip for our cars ... the only ones i have seen done are a DGM lip for the P5 was fitted ... forgot his name, Tim did an R33 Skyline Front lip (I dont think he is here anymore) and I did the Honda Accord Type-R front lip :) good luck.

How close do you think that front lip will be to lining up to our front bumper Drackonn?

probably about the same as mine, they had to cut mine in 4 place ... but the integra and civic arent as wide as the accord so it might be easier ...

Drackonn said:
probably about the same as mine, they had to cut mine in 4 place ... but the integra and civic arent as wide as the accord so it might be easier ...

of what year is the accord that you molded your Lip......couse I bought a civic 99-00 Type R and it was a misss....

Last edited:
Also I have another question>>> I'm looking for some fog light for this car....could we adappt for another car.....I've been looking for the hyundai Sonata 00 and it look like if fit it....did you have some ideas???? (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno) (dunno)

I think you can still buy the OEM 99/00 foglights from Mazdastuff.

Attachments

• Mazda Protege 15.jpg
    Mazda Protege 15.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
it needs major cutting and fiberglassing, the fenders / headlights and grill are completely different.

^^also trublue i see you sent me a msg about my headlights, i didnt buy them, i took them apart and painted the insert with semi gloss black paint

there is a how-to written by ghost somewhere on this board ...

Latest posts

Back