The First Frontmounted CX-7

evo_mr2006 said:
No what i'm doing is getting things all set up putting it back to stock then dynoing it then putting things back on then dynoing it again unless i can find someone in my area that will go with me to get theres dynoed to and i would pay for there dynoing cause that would be a big hassel for me to take it all apart put it back to stock then dyno it then put it all back to gether then dyno it again

Heya evo_mr2006,

I live in Danbury and would be willing to get a dyno of my stock CX-7, if your covering the cost. Where would you be planning to do it? XXtuning?

Let me know,
MM

otnielarencibia said:
Where did you get the piping for it and the intercooler? How much were all the parts? let us know if the fogs fit next week! Thanks

all the work was custom piping and fitting the intercooler was bought and as of they way the set up is the foglights won't fit. i'm going to try to see how i can make it work with foglights if at all. I'm not a shop nor a tuner I have been doing my research and home work in order to do this. what i do for a living also helped me figure out what I needed to do. It cost me ruffly $400 for all the parts i needed

MadMax1 said:
Heya evo_mr2006,

I live in Danbury and would be willing to get a dyno of my stock CX-7, if your covering the cost. Where would you be planning to do it? XXtuning?

Let me know,
MM

Eather XXtuning or some other place. I should be set in a week or to for dynoing.

evo_mr2006 said:
Eather XXtuning or some other place. I should be set in a week or to for dynoing.

ok I got some work related travels coming up, but I should be able to get a sat free to come up. plus it be nice to check out your setup in person.

MM

MadMax1 said:
ok I got some work related travels coming up, but I should be able to get a sat free to come up. plus it be nice to check out your setup in person.

MM

Sounds good

You know the fact is that dynoing 2 same cars will give you different horsepower ratings. To get an exact hp gain from the dyno you would have to do it on the same car.

otnielarencibia said:
You know the fact is that dynoing 2 same cars will give you different horsepower ratings. To get an exact hp gain from the dyno you would have to do it on the same car.

Ok see thats a great point I didn't relize that see like i sia dI'm knew to the whole tuneing aspect of the game. I was mainly for looks and great sound
Thanks

MadMax1 said:
Heya evo_mr2006,

Let me know,
MM

No s***, I live in Danbury as well. There is a dyno closer than XX. There is Bristol Dyno (http://www.bristoldyno.com) as well as chassis dyno here in Danbury over by the new DMV.

Sorry i havent posted in a few days with what I'm doing as the people that live in ct know its been cold and like i siad before I don't have a shop That I'm working out of. I'm working out of my driveway. I havent doone much more then when I last posted. I'm trying to find better and stronger silicone
Boots then what i have now cause when I'm at 5,000rpm two of the boots pop off. The reason is cause the two boots are extra from an intake and they arent as stiff and thick as the boots for the intercooler kits. Plus i'm checking to see how i can run the pip differently for the people that want to keep there foglights. Hopefully I will be getting the new turbo set up and ECU soon. I should be getting the catback done soon to just waiting for my friend to weld the hangers for me.
Picture013.jpg
[/IMG]

The hose is popping off because of the clamps. You will either need T BOLT clamps or CONSTANT TORQUE clamps.

Cookim6 said:
The hose is popping off because of the clamps. You will either need T BOLT clamps or CONSTANT TORQUE clamps.

I tryed the t-bolt clamsp and it did the same thing i have the Couplers on order anyway it can't hurt trying ya know. the main thing I'm working on is finding a tuneing shop that will help me tune my cx-7 so that i can get max performace out of it with out going to the internal mod stage after that I'm done Don't wanta got to crazy unless I find a sponsor

evo_mr2006 said:
Sorry i havent posted in a few days with what I'm doing as the people that live in ct know its been cold and like i siad before I don't have a shop That I'm working out of. I'm working out of my driveway. I havent doone much more then when I last posted. I'm trying to find better and stronger silicone
Boots then what i have now cause when I'm at 5,000rpm two of the boots pop off. The reason is cause the two boots are extra from an intake and they arent as stiff and thick as the boots for the intercooler kits. Plus i'm checking to see how i can run the pip differently for the people that want to keep there foglights. Hopefully I will be getting the new turbo set up and ECU soon. I should be getting the catback done soon to just waiting for my friend to weld the hangers for me.

Try using T-bolt clamps instead of worm-gear clamps. You can get them much tighter than worm-gears so that the hoses won't pop off.

R

Back