The Effects of 215/45/17's on an MP3

TXMazdaSpeeder

T is for Turbo
:
2003 Black Mica MSP #566
tirescrub.jpg

noticed it the other day while changing my brakes, it only rubs on the drivers side rear wheel.

:eek: wonder if some 5mm spacers would lower your offset enough to avoid that?

Hey are thoes Spec-2 Yoko??

I'm running 215/35/18 and do not have that problem on Yoko shoes.

Have you hit any really bad bumps that could have misaligned your suspension?(p5white)

Brian your wheel offset is likely lower than the +50mm MP3s come stock with

nate0123 said:
Brian your wheel offset is likely lower than the +50mm MP3s come stock with

I'm on Enki-CDR-9 at 40mm. It's a really tight fit. You are likely correct.

later...Brian

That's kinda weird.(uhm) Is your MP3 lowered?
My 215/40 Paradas fit fine on my P5, and I'm pretty sure there's less room under there then on a sedan.
My SubZeros have a +48 offset and my P5 is slammed with coilovers.

Natey said:
That's kinda weird.(uhm) Is your MP3 lowered?
My 215/40 Paradas fit fine on my P5, and I'm pretty sure there's less room under there then on a sedan.
My SubZeros have a +48 offset and my P5 is slammed with coilovers.
I thought there was less room on the outside (fenders)

I have 215/40's on the stock Racing Hearts and not lowered and both front and rear on driver side rub. The front only rubs when the wheel is totally turned and i never hear the rear but there is a clear whole worn through the plastic on the back.
Maybe we just go the weird ones....
Zane

TXMazdaSpeeder,
Do you have lowering springs? Are you running the stock MP3 rims? I'm curious because I'm using SPOOL springs with stock rims and was hoping to replace my stock dunlops with 215/45/17s. But if its going to rub, **** that :). I would think it'd be fine. The MSP rims offset is the same, they are a bit lower stock, and they come with 215/45/17 stock!

Chris

DooMer_MP3 said:
TXMazdaSpeeder,
Do you have lowering springs? Are you running the stock MP3 rims? I'm curious because I'm using SPOOL springs with stock rims and was hoping to replace my stock dunlops with 215/45/17s. But if its going to rub, **** that :). I would think it'd be fine. The MSP rims offset is the same, they are a bit lower stock, and they come with 215/45/17 stock!

Chris

stock rims, stock suspension. that what i dont get, msp has same suspension and 215's stock.

actually come to think of it the rear is dropped a little because of the subwoofer box, maybe thats enoguh to make it rub.

i also the other nice when i parked on a grassy hill at the mall that that wheel was tucked all the way under the fender.

Yeah TXMazdaSpeeder,
Thats something to add... My stock suspension has set in very well and looks lowered in the back and some in the front. But my back tires almost tuck. Its probably from many, many heavy trunk loads. But i gess thats just a btw..
Zane

wierd...

Yello-MP3 you rub with 215 40's???? I have the same on my mp3, i drive the s*** out of the car in curves and never ever rubbed anywhere.... I also carry all kind of s*** in my trunk so my back is kinda heavy.

Yeah i drive the s*** outta my car aswell. Like TXMazdaSpeeder said its not hurting anything it just wore a hole throuth the p.o.s. plastic fender-well. Nothing bad at all.... I believe the wear in the back has gone through as much of the fender as it can so it doesn't rub at all anymore. But the front you can hear whenever the wheel is at total lock left but not right, which I found out today. It never rubs at all when i am on mountain runs... also I looked at both rear fender-wells today and compared and as i thought there is less room on the driver's side because the plastic fender-well pertrudes more than on the passenger side which also is a more hard and set plastic where the drivers side is a flimzy piece of plastic

Oh Yeah

BlueWolfCry said:
brian did you roll your fenders..rishies guide says 45mm is the lowest

Yes, The rear. No ******* Way the 18's would fit unless.

Later...Brian

Back