The car that you ALMOST bought...

mudgts

I'll start..

What I'm looking for is the car that you ALMOST bought before you picked up your Mazda and WHY you chose the Mazda over the other car..

Our '05 Honda Civic was stolen and I was shopping around for a replacement. It was down between a '03 Subaru Forester for $8200 taxes in w/ 50K miles or a '03 Mazda P5 for $6200 taxes in w/ 90K miles.

I chose the Mazda simply because it was located physically closer to me... and was $2K cheaper.. plus the mileage and repair bills on a AWD scared the crap out of me.

We also have a '08 Mazda5 van and I have to admit that it's been pretty good to us too so that helped with the decision.

I almost bought one of these:

b951ee69d775691e08f8776e1fa78271ceb7af8fa7ba7be6.jpg

It was in my price range and the only reason I didn't get it, was because it was over the Thanksgiving holiday and my credit union was closed...but things work out the way they were supposed to...I bought my MSP, met a wonderful group of folks in our local Mazda club, started dating one of the guys and we ended up married! Luke (Rogue) is my hubby - so I have my MSP to thank for meeting my sweetheart!

I still would like to have one of those eventually...I know they're not for everyone, but every person I have talked to that has owned one has loved it!

i almost had a 05 sti, we were closing the deal and i got to talking to the salesmen about turbo cars. he told me they had just gotten a mazdaspeed protege thats turbo also. i never seen one in person at the time so we went to take a look, and i fell in love. the rarety and price differance got me, and im glad it did. left that day with my 03 black mica msp.

I came very close to buying a black MSP before I bought mine. Agreed on price and everything, but guy ended up hydrolocking on the way to meet me and finalize the deal. Sometimes I still think about what happened to that car, it was absolutely mint.

I almost bought a black 3....but I got a red one instead. ;) no seriously though, my parents bought me an ALERO as my first car and as soon as I got the money saved up I knew I wanted a 3...

Back