The Annual Akron Area Cookout - Phen's Place - Sept 1st

Thank you all for coming out for sure! I'm not going to lie, each year leading up to the day of, I ask myself "Why in the hell am I doing this? I must be insane." I do believe I am, but it's definitely a blast getting all of you guys and gals together. I figured I'd leave you guys with a few things I've learned about doing this event every year. That way, if any of you decide to run one (and I hope you do because it's always a blast) you have a few things to think about.

1) no matter how prepared you think you are, you really aren't.
2) The moment you realize all the s*** you forgot, I gaurantee you that there is someone (especially from this group) that is more than willing to step up and give you a hand. All you have to do is ask. They are life savers!
3) Important things like utensils and plates... yeah, make sure you buy them yourself. Relying on someone to bring things like that WILL bite you in the ass. I'm glad they came, but we could have used them a few hours sooner
4) Don't always look at the total number of sign ups and start to freak out because there will be a bunch that won't show.
5) no more damn kegs. I spent a bit of cash on that and didn't really get to drink much of it. I'm thankful for the few who helped chip in, you know who you are.

I love the fact that when this whole group gets together, everyone is respectful enough of the neighborhood that we're not doing dumb s*** on the roads, making a lot of noise after hours (we were partying in the house by 10pm). We have a great group here!

I still bummed I didn't get to use my decibel meter with Mike's MS3... :( Haha

Thanks again for hosting, Phen! T'was a good time as always and looking forward to next year.

Yeah... I'm sure it would have been fine and all... but I'm paranoid about those rumors about me on the street being true. LOL.

Thank you all for coming out for sure! I'm not going to lie, each year leading up to the day of, I ask myself "Why in the hell am I doing this? I must be insane." I do believe I am, but it's definitely a blast getting all of you guys and gals together. I figured I'd leave you guys with a few things I've learned about doing this event every year. That way, if any of you decide to run one (and I hope you do because it's always a blast) you have a few things to think about.

1) no matter how prepared you think you are, you really aren't.
2) The moment you realize all the s*** you forgot, I gaurantee you that there is someone (especially from this group) that is more than willing to step up and give you a hand. All you have to do is ask. They are life savers!
3) Important things like utensils and plates... yeah, make sure you buy them yourself. Relying on someone to bring things like that WILL bite you in the ass. I'm glad they came, but we could have used them a few hours sooner
4) Don't always look at the total number of sign ups and start to freak out because there will be a bunch that won't show.
5) no more damn kegs. I spent a bit of cash on that and didn't really get to drink much of it. I'm thankful for the few who helped chip in, you know who you are.

I love the fact that when this whole group gets together, everyone is respectful enough of the neighborhood that we're not doing dumb s*** on the roads, making a lot of noise after hours (we were partying in the house by 10pm). We have a great group here!

Hell, we could have brought plates, etc, from our MOCO stuff of we would have known. I agree with you about the KEG, it should be a BYOB. Still can't wait until next year.

Uh oh, did the plates i brought get lost? I had 100 plates and 250 napkins i handed to john when i got there

No, plates were fine. It was the silverware that was an issue.

Awesome event, thank you very much for hosting it. I only wish I could've spent more time there instead of going to the inlaws and not being able to stand most of the people at their house. Next year I will have a little more warning and hopefully we will be able to pitch in a good bit more than we did this time as well as maybe stay a little longer.

Thanks again!!

I can only hope that I will be home for next year's gala.

Mike, you're always welcome at my place. I hope you can make it out this way sometime.

Thanks for that. You have an open invitation down here as well. Robyn tends to not let me out of her sight much when I'm home so it's hard to run around too many places. Plus having to get a year's worth of honey-dos crammed into 6 months.

Back