The 2nd protege (mp3)

Should've updated this weeks ago but just haven't had the time

I did end up getting new wheels, i went with brand new ones this time since i really didn't come across anything i liked. Took me a while to decide on specs but i ended up with something conservative rather than really agressive. They're 17x7 +42 hayaku's so no hella flush or anything spectacular but suits the look i'm going for.

37C53DCB-F8AC-4EB9-A676-D3666B6BEDF9_zpsom6xkq80.jpg

71E2543A-3C91-4FE8-AECF-86A0309F8F13_zps6zqcnkgs.jpg

I also got a brand new set of OEM emblems, i was super stoked on putting these on. Such a difference compared to my 13 year old faded ones.

7FE7F1FB-1431-4DD9-9D1A-FD5ACD8A8F30_zpsnjndasfm.jpg

Next I ordered TWM shifter bushings and corksport bronze oil bushings so those are on there way here!!

Looks good/clean as hell. I've been keeping my eye out for used MP3s and Speeds in the Midwest myself.

What spring/strut combo did you end up going with? Looking to lower my MSP this summer, and I like your ride height. Plus, living in Wisconsin, we get alot of snow as well and it seems that your height still works well with that. Clean looking MP3 btw, but I'm still partial to the color of your old Protege.

Looks good/clean as hell. I've been keeping my eye out for used MP3s and Speeds in the Midwest myself.

Thanks there :) it's tough finding any protgs in good condition, these thing rust up so quick. Especially here in toronto, tons of salt used. I wanted a mazdaspeed protege but I was worried about reliability since I daily this thing every single day. Came across this one by accident and got it on the same day :) no regrets

What spring/strut combo did you end up going with? Looking to lower my MSP this summer, and I like your ride height. Plus, living in Wisconsin, we get alot of snow as well and it seems that your height still works well with that. Clean looking MP3 btw, but I'm still partial to the color of your old Protege.

Thanks I loved the colour of my old protege and I miss it still, people always mistaken my car for a wrx lol can get annoying sometimes.

I'm on tokico blues and tein s tech springs, great ride actually the ride feels almost stock in my opinion. I was expecting it to be very harsh but that's not the case. I do feel like the rear spring rates are too soft though. Other than that it's a great set up, just the right amount of low

I'm on tokico blues and tein s tech springs, great ride actually the ride feels almost stock in my opinion. I was expecting it to be very harsh but that's not the case. I do feel like the rear spring rates are too soft though. Other than that it's a great set up, just the right amount of low

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. Also, I just got my 03.5 MSP spoiler painted yesterday. I took it into 3 pieces like you did. When you put it back together, did you add any glue or sealant to the pieces like from factory? Or did you just bolt it back together?

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. Also, I just got my 03.5 MSP spoiler painted yesterday. I took it into 3 pieces like you did. When you put it back together, did you add any glue or sealant to the pieces like from factory? Or did you just bolt it back together?

Just bolted back on, really simple. I still have my msp spoiler i should paint it and slap it on but i can never decide lol.

I took a few shots of my car over the weekend, most recent shot i thought i should update.
DSC_0256_zpse6b94ced.jpg

DSC_0286_zps3c2ebc9d.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsaeea65e9.jpg

DSC_0259_zps02058725.jpg

Really dig your new car. What are the specs for the tires on the new wheels?

Thanks you. They're barum bravuris 2's made by continental tire size is 215/45/17, I was very close to getting 215/40 but glad I got these. Perfect amount of meat so it doesn't look too skinny

Long time no update. Not much has changed except the white rims and I found out I'm #149/250 in Canada.
00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000006C3_zpsimolokdd.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000006C5_zpsg2ejcwbc.jpg

Man i love it, makes me want to work on my p5. Did you remove the door moldings(bump guards)?

hey thanks man. Keep working on the P5 and make it mint :)

the door moldings were already off when i purchased the vehicle. I'm pretty sure the mp3s and msp came like that from factory

My winter set up this year.. just stuck with everything oem

Photo2014-11-15101649AM_zps0a19f68d.jpg

Photo2014-11-15101703AM_zps92214af7.jpg

Just reached the 1 year mark with the mp3.. put about 15k on it and many little headaches along the way but still enjoying it

Over the past week i've noticed at about 120km/hr on the highway the front end would start to vibrate after about 15 seconds of maintaining that speed.. wheels were recently balanced (its been happening on both my summer wheels and winter wheels). When i brake at highway speeds after going 120km/hr i get vibrations as well, but new brakes and calipers all around. Could be be drive shafts causing this?

Nice MP3 man it looks great. I noticed the black vinyl on the door trim is starting to fade as it was on my car, I removed it and there is nice fresh paint underneath. It looks good maybe you can look into it. A heat gun helps and it takes about 1 hour.

Nice MP3 man it looks great. I noticed the black vinyl on the door trim is starting to fade as it was on my car, I removed it and there is nice fresh paint underneath. It looks good maybe you can look into it. A heat gun helps and it takes about 1 hour.

Hey man thanks for the advice. What colour is underneath the black vinyl? I just don't want it to be body coloured I will leave it as is if so.

that hood deflector is really nice. where can i get one

Thanks! Deflector came with the car but it's a brand called "form fit". Not sure where you can get it from though..

Here's how she's sitting right now after a nice wash (it's been a while). Also slapped on my s204 lip to see how it looks. Might try rocking it for winter. I also ordered coilovers so those should be coming soon and my summer wheels should be getting powder coated next month

1E0B8D77-23ED-4801-B43A-89B41438FB4D_zpsvnukdyiw.jpg

I received my coilovers a few weeks ago and got my wheels back from powder coating yesterday.. heres the end result! Can't wait till the weather warms up to put these babies on :)

DSC_0416_zpsb994a3f0.jpg

Awesome build!!! Let me know how that header works out. I've had mine from spooled up racing in for about 6 months now and still cant get the check engine light to go out... I've tried just about every fix to get it to go out.

Back