Tenzo Tracer Rims

MazdaSwede

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda 3 2.3L Black Mica
Thinking about putting these bad boys on my 3.
tenzo_TRACER-1885_fbk_redlip_2.jpg

Nice looking wheel. Look around though, there are many 5 spoke wheels in black with a red stripe. Not sure I would trust Wheels Next, been hearing some bad stuf here lately.

i got them in graphite, the color is awesome. They are really nice clean wheels. What size you thinking about getting

First of all, yes they are a nice looking wheels and the black/red is one of the current trends. I don't know much about Tenzo wheels though.
Second, w/your *BLACK* hatch, black wheels will disappear unless highlighted somehow from the rear. I have known a few owners w/that color that went to black wheels, Rota Revs one example, and they were not entirely happy w/the results. Just some brain food for thought.
Third, what sizes do they come in? What offsets? And especially, how much do they weigh? I wouldn't buy anything that would be heavier than the OE's... around 19.4 lbs. Yes, I know not everyone is out for performance, but heavier wheels, especially if also pushing the offset, will affect the steering and braking of the car as well.
Slower steering response, longer braking distances and bump steer all become more pronounced.

Last edited:
i have the 18x8.5 +42 theyre about 22lbs and running summer tires, still outperforms any other setup ive run on this car. If you're looking for lightweight 18s are not really the size to be looking at, unless your willing to spend a lot on some forged wheels. That being said, the difference isnt that noticeable on my 3 with coilovers, it was actually an improvement. I would like to see what some 17 rpf1 feel like on the car though.

Not necessarily true. The RPF1's weigh in @ 17 lbs in the 18" sizes. The 17's are 15. My Kosei's are <14lbs ea.

I'm not saying it would be a huge difference, but when I went to the Kosei's I lost 5lbs/corner and could feel a difference. But I also stayed within 3mm of the factory offset (+50mm) as well. I haven't tried more radical offsets on this car. My philosophy has always been that unless making other radical changes to the suspension geometry, stay within 5mm of factory. That's what the car/suspension is designed for. I do know that if you go too far extreme that bump steer and scrub angles will become an issue.
Just my .02. I know many others that have other opinions on the subject, and maybe they're right! 'Just sayin'. :D

Thanks for the input guys but ive decided to run with the stock wheels for right now. I like the way they look as is the only thing i really want to do is eliminate the curb rash. if i do end up getting new wheels they will probably NOT be black for the simple reason that they won't stand out.

now im thinking spinning chrome hubcaps :D just kidding.

Back