2019 Mazda3 TPMS relearning mode?

I own a 2019 Mazda 3 and just put snow tires on with different rims and different tpms sensors. How do I get the car into relearn mode and will I need a relearn tool? Thanks

Refer to this section in your owner's manual:

If you have a second set of TPMS sensors, you can register the IDs of the new sensors to the car just by driving the car about 16mph for 3 mins or longer. Alternatively, if the new sensors are OEM Mazda, the dealership can do this for you. If the sensors are an aftermarket brand sold to you by the tire shop that installed and mounted your tires onto your wheels, the shop should have registered the sensors to the car. You can call the shop to verify whether they did this or not, if the TPMS light doesn't go away after driving the car for more than 3 mins.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information. I bought the tires and wheels from a friend who sold the car he used them for in the winter. I know the sensors are good not even two years old. I just didn’t know if there was another procedure for putting the car in relearn mode. I have done everything it says in the manual that’s why I wasn’t sure if I need the relearn tool to wake the sensor if it even works like that.

Upvote 0
What car did they come off of? Maybe the TPMS aren't suitable for your car.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna guess that you're not sure if the TPMS sensors are aftermarket or if they're OEM Mitsubishi.

If they're aftermarket, a tire shop may be able to register the sensors to your car, since the Lancer also uses a 315MHz TPMS sensor. However, if the sensors are OEM Mitsubishi, you're probably SOL because I don't think there's a way to register Mitsubishi sensors to a Mazda.

Upvote 0
Back