Tein S-Techs for $170... Should I get them or others?

JC-MP5

:
1994 BG6S
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn~tein_s_tech_springs-1485.html

This website is selling Tein S-tech springs for 170 bux. I think thats a deal but wanted to ask. I'm too short on $ to get struts right now (want illuminas)so would something like an Eibach Pro-kit be better? And, are the Teins linear or progressive? I know that progressive is good for ride quality but I want handling. So then I thought Espelirs. I dont know, what do you guys think?

Good price. Linear. Get struts.

Eibachs are progressive. Espelirs also good (linear front, prog rear).

Hmm.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the low price and the site itself.

I knew about the Eibachs being progressive. I'm thinking Espelirs, just for the sake of handling. My father (who still partially owns the car) is all about ride quality and is being an Eibach zealot. Like the kind of guy who would have say a Subie STi and want it to ride like a caddy.

Could I pull off Espelirs with stocker struts or are they too stiff for the stock damping? Maybe I should just save up and couple the springs with Illuminas?

Most folks report surprisingly good ride quality with Espelirs and HPs. You can probably pull off running stock struts with Eibachs, but with Espelirs or Teins and stock struts the car will ride like s***.

As far as performance goes, you won't find better springs than Teins.

JoshP5 said:
Most folks report surprisingly good ride quality with Espelirs and HPs. You can probably pull off running stock struts with Eibachs, but with Espelirs or Teins and stock struts the car will ride like s***.

As far as performance goes, you won't find better springs than Teins.

Thats what I said, but Mr.Ride-on-air (Dad) sys theyre crap. Guh.

I think I'll just save my money and get some espelirs with iulluminas. (or just see what I end up with, my mind could change)

I have Teins on my P5 with stock struts. Just drove it 8 hours and I have no complaints about ride at all. Yes, it's a little stiffer than stock but not much. If only I still lived in West Palm, I'd let your dad take a ride in mine.

Back