tein s tech on msp advice?

7urdF3rguson

:
2003 mazdaspeed protg
Just purchased a set of tein s techs for my mazdaspeed protege. However after looking at pics and reading the forums I'm getting mixed information. Some people are saying that the springs will raise the rear of my car while others are saying it drops it. I'm using the stock suspension and I cross referenced the part # from crossover auto to make sure I was ordering the right part. Does anybody have information before I start tearing into my car?

springs need time to settle to show you the real height, but a some springs don't seem to drop the rear as much as most worried about ride height would like, perhaps that's why some say it seemed to raise it. one way to find out. either way you'll probably like the handling better and that swap's not to much of a chore so have at her

for my protege tein s no doubt raised my rear it was ugly (gah) but that was on stock struts KYB after swapping out the kyb with tokico i was pleased with the drop there was still room thou i could only fit 2fingers between wheel and fender

I've got a regular protege and it definitely lowered it all around. I can put up a recent pic if you want.

There's some images that show where it's nice level drop. And then others where the front end is only dropped and back end looks lifted. I guess the only way I will find out is if I give it a try :/

There's some images that show where it's nice level drop. And then others where the front end is only dropped and back end looks lifted. I guess the only way I will find out is if I give it a try :/

You can always go back to stock!

rear OE struts on MSP have higher perchs, that is why you have a subtle rake if you use them. You could swap in any protege strut and have the same look as everyone else with the teins.

Has anybody run the S Techs with RX8 wheels? I know I rub over bumps with the RX8s on stock suspension, but if they are a fair bit stiffer than the stock springs I wouldn't imagine it to be a problem... Input?

On s-tech springs...

IMG-20120922-WA0004_zps277765c2.jpg

On s-tech springs...

IMG-20120922-WA0004_zps277765c2.jpg

Hey what size tires are you using Stealthy? and did you roll your fenders? I rub in the rear with my S techs and tokico illumina struts going over bumps... I have Enkei DDR9's with 45 offset and ill have to check the tires but i think they are like 215 50 17 or 215 55 17 something like that... and i havnt rolled my fenders..

im running the stock 17x7 +55 ofset racingharts with the stock 215/45/17 tires... no rubbings issues and my rear fenders have been cut not rolled but wouldnt rub reguardless.

Looks good on the S Techs with the stockers. What kind of gap do you have between the fender and rear wheel though? I'm running on 225/40/18s and the fenders aren't rolled or cut, I just don't want to drop it and it end up being slightly to low

Back