tailgate issues on a Mazda 6 sports wagon - looking for a local mechanic in Toronto

seratone

:
2007 Sport wagon
The rear latch on my 2007 Sport-wagon appears to have given up the ghost. It's gotten stuck before but usually resolved itself - this time I was at the Home Depot trying to load this years garden supplies. I actually bought a screwdriver, crawled into the back, popped off the disk in the back and tried to unlock it as the manual suggested - no go-in fact while 'diddling' with it, a small heavily lubricated spring fell out of the cavity. I've read just about every thread I can find...to no avail.

I love the car, it's the Sport Model, Black on Black with only 80kkms on it..... But this is really starting to grate on me. I really don't want to pay a dealer $400- 500 to fix it. It's my first Mazda and second wagon - both have had really annoying tailgate issues (my previous wagon was a Volvo).

Can anyone suggest a Mazda mechanic in Toronto in the St. Lawrence Market area? I have a great mechanic (Cams) - should I just find the part used and get his people to install it? Any suggestions where a good place would be start to find the lock assembly used?

Probably too late to help you, but might help someone in future. Mazda 6's appear to suffer with corrosion to the pivot pin on the tailgate release, so often start to stick like this. Part number D35062410B can be had for around 20 US dollars on eBay, plus shipping from Japan. Or sourced more locally to you.

Fitting is not difficult at all. Search"Mazda 6 tailgate release sticking" for details, or perhaps it's even documented somewhere on this forum?

Back