suspenison help ASAP!

sebspeed3

:
mazdaspeed3 sport
Whats up everyone.
ive been on the forums looking around done a bunch of searches about springs and i have a dilemma. I want new springs i have the money now. My previous car was a slammed honda and i want to lower my car a considerable amount without spending a crap-ton of money so coilovers is a no go. so i looked and theres a company called sprint... they say the drop of their springs are 1.75 and whatever ive never heard of them so im not trusting them. what I've been reading and finding is that couple of you fellow MS3'ers have regular mazda 3 springs that give you the drop wanted but i dont want to sacrifice performance. with all this talking and crap you probably dont want to hear is, what mazda 3 springs will fit? i figured the latest years but i want to be sure so i am 100% they will fit

opinions and advice GREATLY appreciated

thanks alot guys!

Sprint is a Good COmpany..Known for Low drops..Not Performance though.
I have ROde on Sprints Back in the day for my Hondas..
Ride was decent...but I wasn't trying to race the slow POS either...Just roll it

what do you want the car to do?? ride better, better launches for drag, auto-x, road courses??

lets say.... "road courses" thats the best describing word for what i want. i dont mind a stiffer ride. i want more than an inch drop and cobb is a great start but ive been hearing ppl complain how they dont even get that inch drop. i tried ordering h&r's got all excited and they are on backorder forever! haha so i saw the reg 3's and i was just wondering what people thought

common anyone? all i want to know is what mazda 3 springs will work and who reccomends what

just get some H&Rs. They're around 1.5-1.7 depending on how well they settle. I'm looking to get a pair myself asap and from looking at some people on the text with pictures, how could you not get a set of these? they look fantastic and H&R is a very reputable company.

I was pretty happy with the drop the Cobb's gave me. I can notice a difference, not drastic but there is a drop. I'll stay with the inch. Cobb has designed their springs to work with the stock Dampers. Go any lower then a inch and you'll need new dampers in a year. Your stock dampers are not designed to run with a 1.7 drop. It's like running your car with a full hatch all the time, due to the dampers sitting more compressed at all times. In lowering my last three cars I deemed less is more in the long run. LOL

Last edited:
If you want a low drop and is specifically for the MS3 I would recommend the Roadmagnet springs. We have the moderator running them for awhile now and so far I haven't heard any problems. They say it gives a 1.1 inch drop, but it looks lower than the H&R springs. But we have to consider though, with all low drops sacrifice the life of the struts.

If you want a low drop and is specifically for the MS3 I would recommend the Roadmagnet springs. We have the moderator running them for awhile now and so far I haven't heard any problems. They say it gives a 1.1 inch drop, but it looks lower than the H&R springs. But we have to consider though, with all low drops sacrifice the life of the struts.

Anyone else running the Roadmagnets? Impressions?

update: i took the advice and got the roadmags thanks to protege garage! they hooked it up... but the are chillen next to my bed in my room waiting to hold up my car pics to come!

the problem with the regular Mazda3 springs is that in many cases, they have a SOFTER spring rate than the stock ms3 springs. So when you put them on the car is dropped but actually suffers in the handling dept. Many people found this out when attempting to put the Mazda3 eibach springs and reporting bouncyness and uneven ride height.

We just met with our TEIN rep and they report that MS3 springs and coilovers are on the verge of being released. If so thats what I will be going with.

Back