Supra Questions. HELP PLEASE

TheBryGuy

:
'02 Protege5
I'm looking into getting a Supra TT with about 62000 miles on it. I would like to know, do these cars start having problems around this time or soon after? I don't want to purchase a car just as everything starts going wrong on it. The water pump and timing belt were replaced at 50K just as preventative care and the title is clear on the car. So should I go for it?

for how much?

imho, for how old they are they're way overpriced. there's no denying they're nice and have a great engine and are incredible cars, but after that long things that are rubber start to wear out, seats show wear, just a bunch of little things that keep adding on top of eachother just because of age which are intensified if you mod. i wouldn't buy a car that old as a daily driver, regardless of miles. it would be a great track/second car though

The title is clear and I'm going to look at the car before I buy. I'm not going to buy and go pick it up.

I will figure that out soon. Assuming it isn't a scam in the off chance it isn't...I would still like to know.

A couple months back I found a 2003(?) BMW M5 on the autotrader for only $16,900. Only 20k miles, great looking pics. The thing was in England, though, but I could have it shipped to me for a down payment of 1/2 the price, and then pick it up through his buddy who works at the docks as a customs agent. I'd give him the rest when I picked it up. I backed out, though, 'cause it wasn't blue. Looking back, I think I should have bought it.(ughdance)

(hand)

There's a good chance this is a scam but I wanted to know about the car so that if it isn't, I can jump on the deal. I've known people who have gotten freak deals on cars just from being in the right place at the right time.

TheBryGuy said:
There's a good chance this is a scam but I wanted to know about the car so that if it isn't, I can jump on the deal. I've known people who have gotten freak deals on cars just from being in the right place at the right time.
IMO: I would make sure the title is clean by doing a CARFAX report then take alook at it yourself to make sure things are good!

my neighbour has one. he bought it with 70,000 miles on it. completely stock, runs fine. a few suspension bushings had to be replaced b/c they were worn out. same with some rubber vacuum lines, belts, etc. but at $7900 it sounds like a scam. i would double and triple check all sources.

Back