sunroof wiring for power through fusebox?

masda

when I purchased my car a loooong time ago 2002 protege 5 the sunroof was some how wired through and into the fush box, something obviously done custom by previous owner ...

Recently i got my alarm installed and the old one removed the guy took these two wires out and i'm not sure which is positive or negative and second I have no idea where he removed it from under the fuse box ...

I'm wondering if anyone would have any information about this? I read the manual but the electronic diagram looks like egyptian hyrogliph to me but i do have some mechanic knowledge so if someone knows how abouts I could go to figure out how to bring power back to my sunroof i'd be so greatful?

I can take pictures of the wires and my fuse box underneath the drivers side left wall if needed .....

it may be kinda half assed, but you could hook the wires you have up to a battery, and try the switch to see which is positive and negative. For instance, if you hook it up, and press the open button, and it closes, then they're backwards. After figuring that out, you could hook the ground to a good ground with a connector, and then run the power to the battery with a fuse in it close to the battery. As for the size of the fuse, I would guess 10A but I could be wrong.

I don't know where the wires go in the fuse box, but this way will get you up and running.

|Thanks HeavyHauler those were along the lines I was thinking I was going to have to go .....

I wasn't sure though if I connected the wires to some type of battery that it may ruin the sunroof if i did get the negative and positive wrong during this test .....

If anyone has a better method to figure out which is negative / positive that would be appreciated otherwise i'm going to have to just go for it and attempt to find out on my own and then i'm going to do as you said heavyHauler and just ground one and attach one to the 10a fuse panel which is how the previous owner had it before the alarm installer removed it

Don't try using the battery to test unknown wiring, unless you like toasted wiring and possible ecu damage. Use a multimeter to determine which wires are live.

Give us the colors and location of the wires in question. Some wires may have two colors.

The sunroof was wired through the inside fusebox from the factory. It goes from the ignition switch through the AC fuse (#4) to the sunroof relay.

Clifton

^x2!
Put a meter on the wires - one will be ground.

Usually the ground is to chassis - so only the power wire will go to the fuse box.

Thanks for the input guys it worked ... luckly the battery test didn't fry anything I didn't have a multimeter thing had to take the chance :)

Appreciate the guidance

Latest posts

Back