strut tower brace

thanks. I did not think there was any but wanted to check as I won a set of springs, f/r sway bars, and a strut tower brace on ebay.

Just so you know, the MSP springs you bought are designed to be used with MSP struts (kit part number 0000-8M-C14, ~$460). Otherwise your car will sit about an inch lower in the rear. This is because the MSP springs are shorter than usual, and the MSP struts have a correspondingly higher spring perch. I don't know why Mazda did it this way; it causes a lot of confusion around here. Some people have broken their end links with the setup too.

Another thing is that swapping out the front sway bar is super difficult. A dealership may charge you 5 or 6 hours to do it.

JoshP5 mentioned that I needed the stuts from a MSP. Could I get a set of illumina struts and have it sit correctly? I just want to get rid of the fender gap I have with the racing hart wheels I have. I want about a fingers worth of gap (not slammed!) I would like to do this to improve the handling w/o making it overly stiff as it a daily driver.

Thanks again JoshP5 for your speedy response. I guess my next question is which spring would you recommend for me? Its a daily driver, want to get rid of fender gap (just a finger or so gap) w/o looking for a slammed look, want an improvement in handling w/o being harsh, and looking to get a linear rate spring b/c what I read in the FAQ entitled "spring buyer's guide they are better and easier to tune.

For a mild drop and mild stiffness increase and a linear wind, go with Tein HTech or Racing Beat springs with Tokico HP struts.

Nooooooooooooo! :)

Those aren't Racing Beat springs, they're MSP springs. You'd need to blow $460 on MSP struts to get that setup to work right.

I went with the Tokicos and Espelirs myself, much happier with those :)

But I could have bought the sways, and sold off the springs and strut brace for a nice return :)

KidTaurus: I've got Tokico struts from an MSP on my P5 with Eibach P5-specific Pro-kit springs, if you'd like to take a ride sometime and see what you think of the drop, ride and handling. I'm very happy with it myself. I've also upgraded to the AWR rear swaybar and adjustable endlinks.

LMK.

Did you get your short shifter in, yet?

That link to ebay is exactly what I got. I would love to take a ride sometime, Foolish. I did put the ss in on sat. along with the bushings. I love it. Sometimes its a little hard to get into gear, but definetly worth it. It makes the car seem like a sports car but as we all know it won't accel. like one. I am going to sell the springs and keep the sway bars for my car and give the strut brace to a buddy with an LX for Christmas. Thanks again for all your help guys and sorry for the newb questions. I want to make sure of things before I waste any more money. BTW I try to read past posts before I post a question.

Back