2016~2023 CX-9 Strut Tower Cross Brace options?

I have put one on a couple of my previous cars. There is a very slight improvement in tightening up the feel of the chassis, if that is what you're after. I decided not to put them on my last couple of cars because I prefer the comfort of having a little bit of flex when driving on uneven roads, and so do my passengers.

...the comfort of having a little bit of flex when driving on uneven roads....
This is part of the design calculus in car design. The strut tower brace isn't needed, but if one wants slightly better handling and stability at the expense of notable additional stiffness, go ahead.

Still trying to diag a creak, and body stiffness/ridgidity was on my radar. Very doubtful I am putting one on.

The thing with a loth of those add-ons is that a lot of them are designed and built without any considerations to the actual specific car dynamics. What i mean is: cross braces have worked on a lot of cars before, so we will build one for the cx-9, without any real testing and people will buy them even if they don’t do anything on that specific car.

I am glad to see people reaching out on forums to get informed.

Now for the CX-9 specifically, the CX-9 structure is already fairly rigid. i remember someone posting on here that the structure of the frame right behind the strut tower under the coil already acts like a brace and that adding one would potentially only add very little benefits on this car.

I have not tested it myself however, hopefully someone else here as real life experience with them on the cx-9.

The thing with a loth of those add-ons is that a lot of them are designed and built without any considerations to the actual specific car dynamics. What i mean is: cross braces have worked on a lot of cars before, so we will build one for the cx-9, without any real testing and people will buy them even if they don’t do anything on that specific car.

I am glad to see people reaching out on forums to get informed.

Now for the CX-9 specifically, the CX-9 structure is already fairly rigid. i remember someone posting on here that the structure of the frame right behind the strut tower under the coil already acts like a brace and that adding one would potentially only add very little benefits on this car.

I have not tested it myself however, hopefully someone else here as real life experience with them on the cx-9.
I believe the cowl panel acts as a strut tower cross brace. Here is my YouTube video Mazda CX-9 CX9 (CX-5) Cowl Bolts TSB Noise Creak Clunk Pop

I just realized this strut tower post was made by you. So obviously you know about it ;)

But yeah based on the sellers website, i would also say there is a good chance they just develop and build braces for every car, without much real testing to see if they have actual benefits or not. Unless there are reputable companies out there making them for the CX-9 or that someone else has experience with one, i don’t think they would add much.

I see corksport made one for the mazda 3 and mazda 6, but nothing for the CX-5 or CX-9. They have a section on this forum, maybe they would let us know their opinions if you asked.

Back