Street Unit Mount order not received - telling me I'm SOL???

I will make a prophecy
considering as you stated SU has a disclaimer on thier site relenquishing responsibilty after said product has left thier hands, and I 'am sure you checked a little box agreeing to these terms for the order to be processed which made this official......they will either be a nice guy or yes they will tell you that you are SOL....but lawfully and technically they are not obligated to do anything about it.

considering the fact that you yourself stated that fed-ex had the parcel marked as delivered status and there was no signature requirement they will also either be a nice guy about it or tell you that you are again SOL...they should atleast do an investigation, maybe it went to a similar but wrong address who knows?

considering the above and that no real fault can be determined towards SU or fed-ex, what is the bank supposed to do about it, you agreed to the sales terms from SU, fed-ex said they delivered the parcel....really depends upon the determination of the investigation by the shipper, for all you know somebody could of walked by your house and swiped the box...that would suck, but such is life you know...we all get screwed eventually.

regardless of any "disclaimer" if it comes to a credit card dispute where you said you did not receive merchandise, if the merchant cannot prove you did receive it with a signature confirmation showing your signature the merchant(SU in this case) would lose the dispute

regardless of any "disclaimer" if it comes to a credit card dispute where you said you did not receive merchandise, if the merchant cannot prove you did receive it with a signature confirmation showing your signature the merchant(SU in this case) would lose the dispute

Very good news for me, THANKS!!! I just have to wait this all out for the final outcome.

(sleep)

Wow, this is out of hand.

You talked to Mark, he did what he can. As bad as it sounds, do you understand why he's not just shipping you another set of mounts? I don't blame any vendor for not shelling out more product without doing a little legwork first.

Next, freaking out on here and panicking because you didn't get them right away, then filing claims with the bank are the wrong way to go about this. This is all to do with Fedex, plain and simple. Once it leaves SU, it's in their hands. Sure, SU can insure and make the package sig. required, but that still doesn't mean a shipping error can't happen.

For all of you out there saying "this is why SU got banned", seriously, STFU. If you've never ordered from them or dealt with Mark directly, you have no leg to stand on and need to keep your mouth shut. For everyone's info, the reason they got banned doesn't have to do with shipping errors, so get that out of your heads as well.

I would love to add something Here, Ive been buying lot of stuff from SU lately and all i can say good things about them, even tho im an Overseas International Customer. They are great seller, their Customer service are flawless based on my personal experience when ever i had a problem, Chris, Mark or Cullen always solved the issues with no problems.. You simply had bad luck in this particular case, they do insure everything they sell and so Fedex..

I remember back at January this year i ordered a SU Passenger side Motor mount for my MSP and couple of more stuff.. I got all my Items in 3 Days with Fedex even tho i live in SPAIN, well to make my long story short, After 4 Months later of receiving my Items i went ahead and try to install my SU Passenger Side motor mount but it was deffective, it didnt line up with my motor well like i said After 4 months of the purchase i contacted SU through AOL Messaging not even by Phone, Talked to Cullen, Sent him a picture of my problem with their motor mount not lining up, He just said no problem Ill get back to you tomorrow with an Answer....

He Was right He got back to me the day after, at 10 am, door bell rang, and what was my Surprise, He sent me overnight shipping with Fedex a Brand Spanking New AWR Passenger side motor mount without me even asking a damn thing, AWR were more expensive then theirs plus an overnight International Shipping with Fedex that is not cheap and solved my problem in a blink of an eye, They didnt even ask me to ship their brand new SU Mount, so i kept theirs and got my AWR... I mean Guys they sent me a free AWR motor mount and not requested theirs back to not loose a customer, thats ******* brave and not everybody does this.. I will contuinue to buy all of my performance parts from them even if they have a higher price and shipping is crazy to where i live, Well worth it for me...

I mean Guys we have to be fair here, You cant gereralize your bad luck.. Ive been doing business with them from a long time when i lived in USA and here in SPAIN and if you ask me they are one of the best performance shop seller outthere with an impressive customer service and rapid solution atleast to my particular problem.......

SU and Cross Over Auto - are simply best s*** out there...... just my .02 !!!

You cant blame the seller, when the Shipping company ***** up and leaves the package where it no supouse to or the wrong way... I still remember when I bought a Spare RX-8 Wheel from Ebay, the seller ship the wheel but UPS lost it, what what my damn surprise UPS Pays for the lost wheel but for you guys that dont know they pay the Shipper in this case the Seller, and not the Buyer receiver... so what happened to me, I paid $ 250 shipped for a wheel that got lost by UPS, then UPS paid the seller the same amount and that b**** because it was a girl Kept the money and i couldnt do s*** to get my money back, She got $ 500 and i got s***, i had to purchase another wheel and lost $ 250... Whos fault was it ? the Seller or UPS ? Well was UPS and i got ****** by both in the end, the Seller and UPS and like i said i couldnt do s*** to recuperate my cash, filed s*** load of claims with Paypal, UPS, EBAY etc... They simply said they cant do anything about it, they paid already for the lost wheel and that i had to deal with the seller. She never answered the phone, UPS simply told me not to ******* call back again, Paypal said they cant do s*** and i got my behind raped !!!

I cant really say the same to others shops that sells in here, that never answers the damn PMs, Emails, or Phone !! just ******* ridiculous !!!

Last edited:
STFU?

IF its not your money out there, then its also not your place to tell someone how to deal with losing their money and not receiving the order.

Vendor told him he was out of luck. " Though it shows as scanned as delivered, there is nothing much else we can do."

Smart move to start with bank and get the credit and not be subjected to less than total refund due to fed ex's policy on issues like this and absent of no insurance on shipped merchandise.

Last edited:
STFU?

IF its not your money out there, then its also not your place to tell someone how to deal with losing their money and not receiving the order.

Vendor told him he was out of luck. " Though it shows as scanned as delivered, there is nothing much else we can do."

Smart move to start with bank and get the credit and not be subjected to less than total refund due to fed ex's policy on issues like this and absent of no insurance on shipped merchandise.

I said about the ban issue, not the handling of the order. Big difference there. OP started off with a "sky is falling" type post and everyone jumped in on the "anti-SU" bandwagon right after. Ignorance ran wild in this thread.

Well then perhaps a clean up or edit of problem phrases would have been in order. Your prior post suggest that OP should just roll over or had unreasonable expectations in wanting to protect his interest.

Well then perhaps a clean up or edit of problem phrases would have been in order. Your prior post suggest that OP should just roll over or had unreasonable expectations in wanting to protect his interest.

No, not at all. I simply explained from a vendor's point of view why they'd be hesitant to send a replacement package out. Sucks for the OP, I don't wish that on anyone, but there's a little give and take here that needs to be understood. Bitching and moaning that something didn't arrive and that you're totally ****** by a company is not the way to go about a resolution. He filed a claim with Fedex, and with his CC, so he's covered himself there. He talked to Mark at SU, who offered a response up a few posts back. Obviously SU is working on their end to find a solution. If the tracer proves that he's legit, I'm sure they'll send him replacements for no charge and go after Fedex for the missing items.

So again, no, I don't think the OP should roll over on this, but take a deep breath and relax. I also think that people who don't deal with SU for whatever reason and choose not to need to keep their mouth shut and find something else to do. Coming in here and turning this into a sh*tbox of a thread is useless.

Meh personally I would of kept it between myself and the vendor.....given them a measure of a benefit of the doubt, and I would of given it some time and afforded the situation a chance to be resolved, sry man but I too think this thread and the other one on the mz3 forum as over reacting and jumping the gun prematurely....

PS:btw op please take my advise, if this episode sent you off the deep end then never ever buy anything from F2 either....I ordered a SC for 3300 dollars and it's been 2 weeks, and it might be another week on top of that or even more, they originally said it would of shipped within the 1st week of ordering...I told them take as long as they needed to make sure they got everything covered,.....how would you react in my shoes? declare bloody murder?

i for one am not anti-su, i was just trying to inform him of his rights. just because other people have had bad experiences with them doesnt mean they are the worst company out there, and just because other people have had no problems with them doesnt make them the best company out there.

I would have been just as upset if a situation like this were to happen to me. It is the merchants job to insure that you get the product or that they can resolve the issue if you do not receive the item.

Meh personally I would of kept it between myself and the vendor.....given them a measure of a benefit of the doubt, and I would of given it some time and afforded the situation a chance to be resolved, sry man but I too think this thread and the other one on the mz3 forum as over reacting and jumping the gun prematurely....

PS:btw op please take my advise, if this episode sent you off the deep end then never ever buy anything from F2 either....I ordered a SC for 3300 dollars and it's been 2 weeks, and it might be another week on top of that or even more, they originally said it would of shipped within the 1st week of ordering...I told them take as long as they needed to make sure they got everything covered,.....how would you react in my shoes? declare bloody murder?

Thanks noob, really appreciate all your advise and your 2 cents, LOL!!!!
(I'm f'ing with you here, relax)
Sarcasm at its best. :eek:

Anyhow.

If you haven't read all 3 pages of this thread you would of realized that Mark at SU gave me the answer right from the bat.

Had I heard of someone have such an issue ever, as I've experienced I would of told SU to make sure that they 1-insure the damn package, because $2-3 isn't going to break the bank and 2- to make sure signature confirmation is requested.

So I'm spreading the word, and putting my experiance out there, and if you don't like it, don't read this post. Plain and simple. I'm most likely not going to buy a single damn thing from SU, but if they choose to make it up to me later on, I might even reconsider, but I'll for sure follow the 2 points above, NO DOUBT, if I do place another order!!!! Thats my choice. Everyone else can do as they please, but I'd make sure you follow the 2 points above.

I stated the facts of the matter, no storytelling done. Even Mark at SU on the mz34 thread chimed in and stated that SU bosses aren't doing the right thing on this.

So for all the sales they may or may not loose, spreading the word on what transpired in my case, I'll try to keep it simple.

Fact: New SU mounts $280.

Fact: SU did not insure it, Fed Ex dropped the package since SU did not ask for signature needed.

Fact: SU did not insure it.

Fact: Fed Ex automatically only covers up to $100 uninsured packages. So SU will get $100 back.

Fact: Mark at SU offered a repurchase of the same items again for $160. Now that Fed Ex will pay them there $100, and if SU annied up the $60 difference and just did the right thing, none of this would be on the forum. If they had done the proper thing, I would of praised them for the customer service, instead, were here talking about the bad, not the good.

My perspective, from SU's standpoint, for the $60 I would of gladly just handled it instead of having multiple forums read what happened in my case.

Fact: I did receive my credit temporarily in full $280 and need to wait till it sticks, just waiting things out.

Enough bickering already and no need for insults either or try to e-fight.This OP this and OP that stuff is getting tiring!!!! (sssh)

On another note, you mentioned F2, are you talking about F2USA.com???

I've bought items from F2USA and Ricardo was great, so seems like everyone has good and bad. So if you knew how to fix a problem with a vendor so you don't have issues afterwards, like SU by simply getting insurance and sig needed, I wouldn't mind knowing, feel me.

Last edited:
Its very frustrating how fast people are to bash the few companies that continue to support our cars.

Does PG or other mazda aftermarket companies insure their packages? Im pretty sure pg doesn't. Other than paying 10% more and buying directly from cobb / cpe / etc . . . what else is there?

Regardless SU has among the best prices / shipping of products / customer service out there.

Crap happens with any company but this thread is ridiculous.

^^^Stating facts is now called bashing, huh? Why u tripping or spazzing out, are you "sponsored" by Street Unit??? Sounds like if it were your $280 you wouldn't flinch at losing it, if you were in my shoes, right?

I stated facts and did not use any inappropiate language either.

This thread is ridiculous, really???

I'm not telling anyone to not buy from SU, just that if they so choose to, to request signature required and additional insurance for there order to the dollar value to cover themselves. Per Mark at SU they don't insure any order under $750.

It's an open forum, you can put in your 2 cents, even if others agree or disagree.

LOL I know Cob got all butt hurt when a bunch of speed owners started flaming them for not updating thier product utility interface quickly enough for thier taste, theend result was Cob dropping all present and future support for the speed platform, there seriously are very few vendors who cater to our cars....mazdas are unfortunately not as popular (cheap pos/bias) hondas.

Oh yeah btw consider me butthurt Cali plz :p Well cali lesson learned right? next time DEMAND that they insure it, DEMAND a signature be required at the exspense of being an indirect asshole, it is your right but you have to DEMAND/ask/request/stipulate.

Last edited:
^^^Stating facts is now called bashing, huh? Why u tripping or spazzing out, are you "sponsored" by Street Unit??? Sounds like if it were your $280 you wouldn't flinch at losing it, if you were in my shoes, right?

I stated facts and did not use any inappropiate language either.

This thread is ridiculous, really???

I'm not telling anyone to not buy from SU, just that if they so choose to, to request signature required and additional insurance for there order to the dollar value to cover themselves. Per Mark at SU they don't insure any order under $750.

It's an open forum, you can put in your 2 cents, even if others agree or disagree.

Well my post wasn't really addressed to you. More to the people who come in to say "SU blows" and such.

I have no problem with you posting whatever you wan't or being upset. I would be upset too. But crap happens and SU delivered the package to your door. As I see it they did their part and more by providing you with service, discount and communication. Things which are very hard to come by. And frankly, as I said, most companies DO NOT insure low cost shipments.

I think the lesson to be learned is to realize that you have the option to have your package insured and you take a gamble if you choose not to.

I am not sponsored by SU but after ordering my parts from most companies I have realized they are the best. They have the best prices, quickest shipping, and best service. They get a lot of crap on these forums because they aren't authorized. While anything negative related to other vendors is quickly eliminated once the dispute is resolved.

Back