Stock P5 wheels with spacers

1991cc

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hi All!
I run my stock wheels in the winter and want to get some spacers. My main question is how thick can I go without needing the ones with their own bolts. Also if anybody has run spacers with P5 wheels I wouldn't mind hearing about it and seeing pictures.
Thanks so much :u)

Your question has been answered many times. 8mm is the max you can run before you have to use spacers with studs. I am currently running 8mm in the rear and 6 mm on front with Stock FD wheels ( 16x8 +50 ).

i would be hesitant to run anything more than 5mm without changing the studs. to get proper nut torque, you need a specific amount of thread engagement. (which is typically 1.5 times the diameter of the stud / bolt) the protege just about gets there with no spacer and stock wheels and nuts. add a spacer, and you are compromising the nuts ability to hold the wheel to the hub. anything more than 5mm, and you really should get longer studs.

Wow I didn't expect to get a reply after a year and a half. I still haven't gotten any spacers, so thanks for the info!

Back