Still Waiting...

I don't know if you can cancel your order.

Look up every dealer 250 miles + from your house to see if they have the one you want.
I looked on mazdausa site and searched 250 mile radius from my house, in-laws house, and friends house. It ended up covering every dealership from Georgia up to New York. There were 5 cars with the color / trim / options I wanted and NONE of the dealers would trade with eachother.

yes, it's a long drive but You'll get the car you want maybe faster.

He's not in USA, we don't have inventory of dealers up here (in Canada). Only a few dealers display their inventory on their personal website and sometimes cars already sold are included in this listing.

I don't know if you can cancel your order.

Look up every dealer 250 miles + from your house to see if they have the one you want.
I looked on mazdausa site and searched 250 mile radius from my house, in-laws house, and friends house. It ended up covering every dealership from Georgia up to New York. There were 5 cars with the color / trim / options I wanted and NONE of the dealers would trade with eachother.

yes, it's a long drive but You'll get the car you want maybe faster.

Not sure about other states, but AFAIK, you can cancel a car order anytime. The dealer has to give you back your deposit. The only way they can force you to buy the vehicle is you've signed your docs for delivery. (One of the main reasons why BMW in other countries will allow you to order cars in weird colors, but not in the US as the dealer can be stuck with a difficult to sell custom ordered pink car that the buyer has the right to walk away from)

(One of the main reasons why BMW in other countries will allow you to order cars in weird colors, but not in the US as the dealer can be stuck with a difficult to sell custom ordered pink car that the buyer has the right to walk away from)

What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want? If you walk into a BMW dealer and say you want a pink 5 series with green leather, they'll either tell you to kick rocks, or point you to their color palette, and say here are your choices; choose one.

What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want?.

Porsche, but plan on paying 6 digits for most, except Boxsters and even that in custom form will cost close to that. (US dollars)

What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want? If you walk into a BMW dealer and say you want a pink 5 series with green leather, they'll either tell you to kick rocks, or point you to their color palette, and say here are your choices; choose one.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I went too far with the pink color, but with the BMW Individual program you can order lemon colored leather and a light blue exterior if you want. Basically any color that BMW uses all around the world. If you get on BMW's USA website, those colors aren't available. It does cost $5000+ and up depending on the color, but it's not available here in USA. BMW allows quite a bit of customization that other Japanese manufacturers don't allow. My own 335d has white leather, black carpets, and a dark blue exterior.

Attachments

• BMW335d 5.jpg
    BMW335d 5.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Maybe I went too far with the pink color, but with the BMW Individual program you can order lemon colored leather and a light blue exterior if you want. Basically any color that BMW uses all around the world. If you get on BMW's USA website, those colors aren't available. It does cost $5000+ and up depending on the color, but it's not available here in USA. BMW allows quite a bit of customization that other Japanese manufacturers don't allow. My own 335d has white leather, black carpets, and a dark blue exterior.

Any one day body and paint could paint anything for way less than $5k. LOL Kinda lame that they don't offer it in the US. I know other makers will require you to sign papers before ordering weird color combos.
I know of a guy who ordered a Aston Martin DB9 in british racing green with ox blood red interior. The dealer told him if you want that combo, you need to sign the papers because theres no way we are going to sell it. He signed and ordered it, and when the car got to the dealer, it was on the turn table in their show room. It looked bad ass! Sometimes what sounds like crap actually turns out really well...to a point. LOL

Also waiting for the car just the way I want it. The markets are certainly not all the same. In my area in Alabama there are 65 cars available now within 100 miles, compared with 234 in the same sized area in Ohio (bigger population of course). My dealer has worked a trade with another dealer, both cars are inbound to the US, one coming into California the other Florida. Complex trade, hope it holds up.

Same here and when they come in people are standing by the truck with a checkbook in hand if it's not already sold.Even the dealers don't believe it.

Got it!

Got a call on Thursday that it was delivered and went to pick it up yesterday. So the wait was from April 20 to July 6. But oh boy was it worth it. I love it!

Don't know why it was faster for me but I will get mine tomorrow (the dealer got it yesterday)!
Ordered June 13, delivered July 13! Exactly a month... soo happy!! :)

funny how when we finally get our CX5 (mine took 8 weeks), we stop reading the forum and enjoy our new toy :)))) zooom zooom!

Don't know why it was faster for me but I will get mine tomorrow (the dealer got it yesterday)!
Ordered June 13, delivered July 13! Exactly a month... soo happy!! :)

One month!!! that's good.
Ordered mine in march and got it in may, 1.5 month of waiting.

Man, that sucks. I walked in a dealer and bought one off the lot (it came in on the truck the previous day and still had all the plastic wrapping when I test drove it).

My dealership told me they claimed an incoming one for me and have a VIN and it's just a matter of time till it comes through port, customs, etc. Any idea of what's the longest that should take? Someone in an earlier post said they got theirs that way in about 3 weeks.

We're getting so antsy waiting...my wife told me she almost crashed on the highway the other day while admiring one on the road!

Wait until you get it and you have that awkward moment passing another CX-5 and you notice the other person is staring as much as you are lol.

Back