CX-5 Projected Lifecycle

Good morning,

I have a 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring with 70K miles. It's been one of the best cars I have ever owned. Only needed the usual - oil, tires, brakes, etc...

Does anyone know how long the CX-5 is going to be around for new car sales in the USA? Is there any official information available from Mazda corporate on the CX-5's projected lifecycle ?

I could buy a new 2023 CX-5 this year, but I prefer to wait until 2024 or 2025 just for saving up a few bucks.

As one of Mazda's top sellers, I am hoping the CX-5 will be around for another few years at least.

And I don't want a CX-50. Still prefer the CX-5.

Thanks,
Gray

Recent news indicates that there will be a next-gen.
Don't expect big change in dimension, though.
Mazda will have SUV/CUVs of all sizes...
CX-5 is in its right place in term of dimension.
Features upgrade, and maybe optional PHEV.

I think CX3 turned into CX30, CX9 turns into CX90 and CX5 will likely become CX50.

Many of us including myself would like to see a gen 3 CX-5 but at this time, it's future is unknown for North America. Mazda is a small company and with upcoming hybrid and PHEV versions they may have to limit their offering especially with the CX-70 being added to the lineup.

I see 3 possible scenarios: as mentioned above and in other threads CX-50 (made in USA) could replace CX-5, CX-5 and CX-50 continue to be sold together (just like Forester and Outback), CX-5 and CX-50 continue but with less trims/engine choices/options. Only time will tell...but hurry up Mazda, we want to know!

There will be a 2024 CX5 in the US, which will have minimal to no changes from the 2023.

Unclear if a new model is coming for 2025, or we get a holdover again.

Back