sticking shifter in reverse

JDMspeed3

:
mazdaspeed 3
went to the drags last night than stopped to grab some food. when i went to throw it in reverse i noticed that the shifter would stick when i pushed it down and i had to pull it back up to go into first. this happen to anyone?

went to the drags last night than stopped to grab some food. when i went to throw it in reverse i noticed that the shifter would stick when i pushed it down and i had to pull it back up to go into first. this happen to anyone?

Pull the shifter boot off and have a look. The reverse lock-out pin is cut flat and can shave away a channel in the plastic wall of the shifter base. It may be getting stuck now b/c of this instead of popping all the way out like it should. I had mine replaced under warranty but for a different reason.

the MS3 trans is the most retarded stick i have ever had. i traded a 2006 MX5 and it had zero problems. this one does not like to go into 1st. and to a lesser degree, reverse. other people have problems with different gears. the rest of the car is so cool that i hate to complain. kinda like dating a playmate with a pimple!!

havent had this problem but totally agree with cool. the only complaint i have on this car is the pos shifter. shifter bushings and a short shifter is almost a must have to make it a comfortable non frustrating daily lol

Same exact thing happened to me lol.

Went to the strip. Me and my buddies got in the car, went to get some grub, came out and couldn't get it into reverse, when I did I had to pull it out.

Back