stereo died

Just driving along, thing died. head unit still functions, i still can see and operate it fine, but no sound. Thinking amp under seat might be dead. The dash doesn't even beep when I push buttons. Cd's, mp3, radio dead. No hiss on speakers either.

Just curious if anyone went through this and if there was a simple fix, maybe fuse somewhere etc?

Are these kind of things warrantied?
I have the Bose in my Speed6 and my front passenger speaker is blown. I've only had the car for one and half weeks and I'm positive I didn't blow it.

i don't know what kind of moron decides to put the amp under a seat on the floor to begin with. Perhaps this genious has never conisidered water or snow getting in there.

I set myself up for that one :) .
I just worry that the dealer will try to squirm out of fixing it or point out some clause in the warranty that excludes audio.

Mine did the same thing...i was able to figure out that the switch/circuit in the radio that turns the amp on had gone bad. I don't have the time to take it to the dealer, so I spliced the remote wire to another wire on a switch source.

which wire did you splice? mine did the same thing and i dont have time to take it to mazda either.

Back