starting car when engine is warm

us3r

Whenever i start the car with the engine warm it takes about 5-8 seconds to start the car.

cold starts only take a second.

why is that? i havent cleaned the egr yet and my intake hose has many cracks and air filter needs replacing. could this be the problem.

could it be the starter?

my intake hose has many cracks and air filter needs replacing. could this be the problem.
could it be the starter?

All of these, except the starter. If it turns over then the starter is not your problem. Do you have a CEL? Could be your VICS or VTCS butterflies stuck open or closed. Fuel Pressure?

not to thread jack but i have this issue too, cept it can take anywhere from pulling the key out and trying again to waiting a good 15 minutes

codes are as follow

P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

P1569 VTCS Circuit Low Input

yes
p0300
p0401

egr valve problem

scan results from February

You need a new EGR valve. I guess if it was stuck open it could make the car harder to start, but I don't know why it would only be when the engine's warm...

not to thread jack but i have this issue too, cept it can take anywhere from pulling the key out and trying again to waiting a good 15 minutes

codes are as follow

P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

P1569 VTCS Circuit Low Input

You don't have the same problem, you probably need a new VTCS solenoid. Test this by swapping the VICS and VTCS solenoids and see if the DTC goes away.

You need a new EGR valve. I guess if it was stuck open it could make the car harder to start, but I don't know why it would only be when the engine's warm...

i ordered the stock intake hose and k&n air filter. should arrive tomorrow. now i need to clean the egr valve. if its in bad shape i will have to order a new one. Where can i get the canadian version (excluding ebay)? autopartsway only carries the us revision.

i ordered the stock intake hose and k&n air filter. should arrive tomorrow. now i need to clean the egr valve. if its in bad shape i will have to order a new one. Where can i get the canadian version (excluding ebay)? autopartsway only carries the us revision.

Rockauto.com or from Mazda directly, I don't think there was much of a price difference.

Rockauto.com or from Mazda directly, I don't think there was much of a price difference.

rockauto doesn't sell egr valves. i prefer autopartsway.ca since they ship from Canada. i might just buy the us revision egr valve and its only $130+tax and free shipping.

rockauto doesn't sell egr valves. i prefer autopartsway.ca since they ship from Canada. i might just buy the us revision and its only $130+tax and free shipping.

Sure they do, you're just not looking hard enough: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1430264&parttype=4968

I'm not a big fan of autopartsway.ca, most of the stuff on there is overpriced. Give your local Mazda dealer a call, I don't think they charged much more than $130 for them.

You don't have the same problem, you probably need a new VTCS solenoid. Test this by swapping the VICS and VTCS solenoids and see if the DTC goes away.

gonna sound dumbe but vics and vtcs are the green and white plugs ontop the intake mani no? pm me if you can give any other pointers itd be appreciated.

ps: id love to come out to montreal again , miss my family out there, been far too long

gonna sound dumbe but vics and vtcs are the green and white plugs ontop the intake mani no? pm me if you can give any other pointers itd be appreciated.

ps: id love to come out to montreal again , miss my family out there, been far too long

Yup, the white and green connectors mounted on that bracket on top of the intake manifold. Swap the solenoids and see what happens. For bonus points, measure the resistance across the solenoid terminals and post your results here.

Back